A good preliminary day with my 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Today was our monthly Steel Challenge Match in Phoenix. The weather was perfect, starting at 70 degrees at 9 a.m and finishing up at 90 by noon.

I've been shooting Revolver Open for about 30 years in the match but today I decided to shoot my Ruger Mark III 22/45 in the Open Rimfire division. What a change. I had two failures to feed during the entire match. I changed out the offending magazine and had no more jams.

I wanted to shoot my Mark IV 22/45 but I just finished the trigger job yesterday and wanted to make sure my sights were set correctly and get use to the new trigger.

My times weren't the best of day but I cut off 25 seconds from my best revolver times since starting back last year.

We are getting ready for an early Summer with temps in the 100s. Hope it holds off for a month or two. Secret is to drink LOTS of water.

The guys were great. A lot asked where my revolver was. They were surprised when I told them I sold it and my reloading press. I wasn't having any fun with the revolver for the last year. I really enjoyed today and could easily figure what my mistakes were so I can prepare for next month's match.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Saturday was the monthly steel challenge match at a club north of Pittsburgh but the weather was dreadful (mid-30's and rain/snow mix) so I bagged it. I'm not going to drive 80 miles to be miserable. :) Hopefully, April will be nicer.

I was going to shoot my MkIV Target with it's newly installed C-More Railway with the 8 MOA dot. Last month I shot that gun with a Bushnell TRS-25 but the big tube blocks out a lot of the scenery and the 3 MOA dot is a bit small to pick up quickly. The C-More should be a lot better. We'll see.