Any Ruger problems?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm 15 for 15 over the years with zero issues, including 7 brand new purchases in the last 15 months or so. I launched a pawl spring into another dimension on an SP101 a while back and called Ruger to buy one, three days later I received an envelope with three springs and plungers for free.

lolbell

Single-Sixer
Of the 50 or so that I own I've had no problems with any of them. Most are revolvers, a few autos, and a couple of bolt guns. I know the bad ones get a whole lot more criticism that the good ones get praise. I don't count fit and finish as a problem. Ruger builds assembly line guns at VERY good price that will last forever. Ruger does not have a Custom Shop. It's not worth the extra $1500-2000 for a custom gun for my use.

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
Not a "problem" per se, my first Ruger was a brand-new P-85 in 1987 that, of course, came under the recall. That was a very smooth process; I think they paid for return shipping, sent me a box, and when they returned it sent a new mag to compensate me for my shipping it to them. Their CS was great even back then. No issues with before or after, just complied with the recall request. I ended up trading that P-85 in on a KP-89DC in the early '90's. I still have that one. Won't ever part with it, either.

The only other problem I've had was the medallion falling out of the bottom of the grip on the stock of my 2014 10/22 TD a couple years ago. I called Ruger hoping I could get a replacement medallion and they sent me a complete stock instead! I posted a thread on here at the time, but I still can't get over how great their CS is.