Buy a P95?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ditto1958

Blackhawk
I've been thinking about looking for a P95, and I'm wondering, what kind of prices do they bring these days?

Houstonsp101

Bearcat
ditto1958 said:
I've been thinking about looking for a P95, and I'm wondering, what kind of prices do they bring these days?

250-350 dollars at shows and pawn shops. All mine are safety models. I'm always looking for DC model stainless for good price. I have yet to find a current TDA with as good a trigger action as the 95.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
ditto1958 said:

Ditto,
I just picked a P95DC at my LGS for $230.00, Just happened to check with my man at the
store, and he had gotten one in the day before. I locked it in.
Believe me, my granddaughter will not get her hands on this one.
Unless of course she bats her big Texas blue eyes at me. Same as the last P95DC
she conned from me.
Blackie

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Buy two if you plan to use it a lot. One to shoot and one to cannibalize for spares. Parts are generally not available and that even includes recoil springs which are unique and different from the other P-series guns.

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
If you have the money and are thinking about it, pull the trigger. There are sleeker, lighter, & prettier pistols out there, but man....they just go bang. I'm not sure if I like my P95 or P85 more, but they both are very servicable pistols.

Jon

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Mr25-06 said:
There are sleeker, lighter, & prettier pistols out there, but man....they just go bang. I'm not sure if I like my P95 or P85 more, but they both are very servicable pistols.
Indeed they are serviceable guns but they are long out of production, Ruger's stock of parts and ability to support them are dwindling and the aftermarket never offered much for them. You are buying instant obsolesces so keep that in mind.

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
I guess I'm lucky. There are a lot of good machinists around here.

That being said, I agree that the lack of aftermarket or replacement parts for the P95 sucks. I wonder why that is? The P85 & P89 parts are still not hard to find. They even make aftermarket guide rods for those. Of course, the P95 guide rod assembly being different doesn't help that.

Jon

I bought "parts sets" from ebay sellers containing everything except the serial numbered frame for under $100 for both P89 and 95 pistols-parts supply problems solved.

hittman

Staff member
http://summitgunbroker.com/ruger-p95.html

Here's one for $249.00.
I've bought from this guy several times and always had excellent results.