RAP Pro and trade in

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teacher649

Bearcat
I want to get the RAP Pro, and I have two P89s for trade in. They are in good shape with two mags each and case for each. Anyone have an idea what dealers will give for the P89s on trade? I really don't want to go through the hassle of trying to sell these pistols.
Thanks,
John

DGW1949

Hunter
Around here you'd be offered about 60% of what he thinks the guns will sell for, and maybe half for the spare mags. Having the boxes won't matter, he'll probably discard them anyhow.

Rough way to go if ya ask me.

DGW

Teacher649

Bearcat
DGW1949 said:
Around here you'd be offered about 60% of what he thinks the guns will sell for, and maybe half for the spare mags. Having the boxes won't matter, he'll probably discard them anyhow.

DGW
Why a rough way to go? Don't trade? Just keep? I do like them, but wife says I have too many guns. I just tell her "Ya never have enough guns!"

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Sell them here or on Gunbroker. DA/SA autos don't bring squat on trade other than Sig Sauer. If the RAP is selling well the shop may not even take any trades on them.

DGW1949

Hunter
Teacher649 said:
DGW1949 said:

DGW
Why a rough way to go? Don't trade? Just keep? I do like them, but wife says I have too many guns. I just tell her "Ya never have enough guns!"

I'm not prone to giving up the kind of money that one gives up by trading/selling to a dealer...that's all I was saying.

DGW