9E trigger reset

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jim417

Bearcat
Just picked up my 9E tonight. Came home and checked the action. Pulled the trigger and it didn't reset. Plan for tomorrow is to break it down and clean it thoroughly. Anyone have any issues right out of the box with these?

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Did you have a magazine in? It won't reset without a mag (full or empty). See your user manual. And no, I've never had any problems with mine.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Did you cycle the slide? The striker requires the slide to be at least partially cycled to reset it. Like most striker fired pistols, there is no "second strike" capability in the SR series.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
GunnyGene said:
Did you have a magazine in? It won't reset without a mag (full or empty). See your user manual. And no, I've never had any problems with mine.
I don't think this is correct. The magazine disconnect in the SR series just prevents the striker from hitting the primer, it doesn't keep you from pulling the trigger and getting a "click" if the action has been reset.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
22/45 Fan said:
GunnyGene said:
I don't think this is correct. The magazine disconnect in the SR series just prevents the striker from hitting the primer, it doesn't keep you from pulling the trigger and getting a "click" if the action has been reset.

Reading his post it appeared to me that he was expecting the trigger to return to the forward position without having to cycle the slide. In any case, dry firing should be done with a empty magazine inserted to prevent damage. If he did cycle it, then yes the trigger should reset. Small misunderstanding of the question. :)

Latest posts