LCP CUSTOM

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DEVIL DOG

Bearcat
Have a shot at getting a LNIB LCP Custom. Heard there are a lot of issues with the front sight falling off. Is there a source for replacement sights other than sending the slide in for service to Ruger?

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
DEVIL DOG said:
Have a shot at getting a LNIB LCP Custom. Heard there are a lot of issues with the front sight falling off. Is there a source for replacement sights other than sending the slide in for service to Ruger?

Devil Dog,
Go for it, I own 9 Rugers and have had no problems with them. I also don't recall any problems
with the sights on the Rugers. Their customer service is great anyway.
It is a great shooting little pistol, and a great back up carry gun. Live dangerous pal.
Blackie

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Devil Dog.......... I'm with SR1911shooter on this one!
I say go for it if that's what you want. You talking about the Custom's front sights falling off was the first I've heard of this and I've been spending more time then I probably should between a couple of the Ruger forums.
Ruger will make it right if you should have a problem. Keep in mind though from my understanding if the gun is over a year old the shipping back to them is on your dime.

Now you'll have me watching the front sight on the new Custom I should be getting today.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I haven't read about front sites falling off either.

Go for it. Ruger Customer Service is the best in the firearms industry.

DEVIL DOG

Bearcat
Called them, said the sight needs to be installed with a special factory "TOOL". Fast turn around time. Still not convinced it is the gun for me. Had an original I bought in '09. Liked it but sold it & bought a Sig P238.

vaguru

Bearcat
I did read on one forum that a guy had the front sight "disappear" while shooting his LCP Custom. Sent it back and Ruger replaced, no problem.

Latest posts