Picked up an LC9S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

otis24

Bearcat
It was a long journey to get me to the point that I would buy a "plastic" pistol. Will post that story sometime. In any event, I just picked up an LC9S from Cabela's. $350 out the door. I briefly owned a S&W Shield. I really like the LC9s. Its smooth lines and contoured edges make it easier to pocket carry than the Shield. Although it will ride primarily in an IWB holster. My friend picked up a Shield. After holding my LC9S, he is a little jealous and almost wishes he would have gone with a Ruger. I have not shot the Ruger yet. We hope to go out soon and compare them side by side. I really wish the grip was a smidge longer. I have the smaller baseplate on the mag. The extended base makes my fingers feel crowded. I would rather tuck my pinky finger under. I plan on getting a Hogue grip sleeve. I really think Ruger should make this little pistol with an angled grip like a 1911.

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
I just picked up my LC9s recently and installed a Hogue grip. Feels good but I have yet get to the range. It was a pain in the ass getting the grip on but worth it. Used wife's hairdryer to soften it up.
Good luck with your new purchase.

Toucan56

Bearcat
Did the same to mine. Grip sleeve makes a big difference. Just added HiViz fiber optic front sight. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I put a Hogue grip sleeve on mine, boiled it to soften still tough to slide on but I like the feel.

RLC9G_zpsj4n0iby3.jpg

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
EQUILIZER said:
I just picked up my LC9s recently and installed a Hogue grip. Feels good but I have yet get to the range. It was a pain in the ass getting the grip on but worth it. Used wife's hairdryer to soften it up.
Good luck with your new purchase.
Toucan56 said:
Did the same to mine. Grip sleeve makes a big difference. Just added HiViz fiber optic front sight. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.
Those Hogue grips make a big difference.

Love mine on every pistol I own.

Yep, I said EVERY pistol I own has one on it. 8)

ENJOY GUYS!!!

jic

Bearcat
I just put one on my LC9S, I warmed it up a bit bye turning on one of my stoves heat plates and then held the grip at a safe distance over it
to warm it up a bit; than I sprayed just a little bit of NAPA Sil-Glyde on my finger and smeared the inside of the grip. I than slip the grip up over
the grip on the gun and worked it into place.

imjustadam

Bearcat
I just ordered one myself. I ordered an LC9s Pro from CDNN. It will replace my Kahr CW380 for discreet carry.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
imjustadam said:
I just ordered one myself. I ordered an LC9s Pro from CDNN. It will replace my Kahr CW380 for discreet carry.
I just picked up one of these. I bought the last one but they are getting more in this week some time. An amazing little pistol at a crazy price point.

Good luck with your LC9S - Enjoy!!!

https://www.smga.com/p-107072-springfield-xds9339ye-xds-9mm-33-gry-8rd.aspx

My LC9s has been my primary carry gun for awhile now. I chose it over the Shield mainly because of the excellent trigger. I find I can shoot it far more accurately than I can my 642. I sold my LCP and found that the LC9s is virtually as easy to conceal as the LCP was. The 642 still gets carried, but only occasionally. I'm keeping it primarily in case I ever have to send the LC9s to Ruger for something. Having 7+1 plus an extra mag gives me a lot of confidence.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I've had the LC9 for a while now and love it. Sicne I carry it IWB usually, I put a Cerakote finish in Sniper Gray on the slide and barrel, and added brighter sights. I wanted to be sure to keep from perspiration from messing with the finish. I regularly attend to it, but the cerakote adds to the the protection I'm looking for.

Iggy25

Bearcat
My wife spotted a used purple LC9s at a pawn shop that was going out of business. She was wearing purple and everything including a fantastic price fell in line and she bought it.

I was sufficiently impressed with her gun that I bought a black one a few days later.. They replaced the 38 and 45 S&W revolvers we had carried for over 40 years for EDC.
That's saying a bunch.