SR40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jules

Single-Sixer
I am seriously thinking of getting one. I gave my P94 to my son a few years ago and am thinking of another 40 in striker fire. I do like full size. I would like to hear some honest opinions. Good or bad.

James

Bearcat
I purchased my SR40 a few months ago and so far i am loving it very much. Makes a great concealed carry and fits my Alien Gear IWB just great. First time out shooting with it i was a bit disappointed with it as it kept shooting to the left on about every shot although everything worked fine and trigger pull was smooth and clean.

Took it home field stripped it and cleaned it, put it back in its box and left it sit. Here the other day i went back to the range and shot it some more. Again it shot to the left all the time. Finally dawned on me that the sights were not set properly so i got out the old allen wrench and adjusted the back sight a tad...Made all the difference, it now shoots where i aim it... Loving the gun for sure. Great looking gun, decent price, shoots great, hides well for concealed carry, i think you will be happy with one, i know i am.

jules said:
I am seriously thinking of getting one. I gave my P94 to my son a few years ago and am thinking of another 40 in striker fire. I do like full size. I would like to hear some honest opinions. Good or bad.

I've owned two SR-series pistols in both .40 and 9mm. They both functioned as designed, shot well, and fit my hand far better than a Glock. And I know you didn't ask, but I prefer the Ruger American Pistol over the SR-series. Better trigger, and even a better fit to me than the SR.

WAYNO.

jules

Single-Sixer
WAYNO said:
jules said:

I've owned two SR-series pistols in both .40 and 9mm. They both functioned as designed, shot well, and fit my hand far better than a Glock. And I know you didn't ask, but I prefer the Ruger American Pistol over the SR-series. Better trigger, and even a better fit to me than the SR.

WAYNO.

I looked at them also but they are not offered in 40S&W. I reload the 40 and have a ton of supplies. Believe it or not I never warmed up to a 9mm.