LC9S front sight replacment

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Toucan56

Bearcat
I have the pro model and love the pistol, with the exception of the front sight. With a pistol this size, and because of my old eyes, I think I'd like to replace the front sight with something with a little more visibility. Any suggestions and how difficult to replace yourself?

roylt

Hunter
I think it is a pin and then dovetail. Shouldn't be too bad. My guess.

jic

Bearcat
I used some testors fluorescent orange on my front sight , shows up real well.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Toucan56 said:
I have the pro model and love the pistol, with the exception of the front sight. With a pistol this size, and because of my old eyes, I think I'd like to replace the front sight with something with a little more visibility. Any suggestions and how difficult to replace yourself?

Toucan56,
I would be careful of removing the front sight, some of those dovetails are proprietary,
in other words, different sizes than standard.
Try the URLs below. I assume by "Pro Model" you mean LC9s Pro.
Be a good idea to let a gunsmith install the front sight, I have "Old Eyes" too and would be
afraid to try to file down a dovetail. :<)
Blackie

http://shopruger.com/LC9-LC9s-LC380-Fire-Sight-Set/productinfo/12937/

http://shopruger.com/LC9-and-LC9s-Novak-Front-Dot-Tritium-Night-Sight/productinfo/12980/

Toucan56

Bearcat
Decided to go for it. I ordered a HiViz front sight for LC9S. While waiting, I thought I would remove the original. I got the pin out, but could not budge the sight. I called Ruger CS. Amanda told me to send the slide to them and they would remove it,no charge. I'll keep you posted.

Toucan56

Bearcat
So.....Sent off my slide on Friday to have the sight removed. I got it back the following Saturday. Installed it today. Looks good (if I could figure out how to post pictures in this forum, I would). Sight now stands out great. Can't wait to get out for a shoot. Kudos to Ruger for the great customer service and quick turnaround on getting my slide back.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
jic said:
I used some testors fluorescent orange on my front sight , shows up real well.

Yep, I did the same thing with several of my pistols. A tiny drop on a toothpick works great. It really highlights the sight. A bottle of Testors is less than a dollar, and will last me the rest of my life, and my kids can inherit the rest of it.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The small brush top bottles of auto touch up paint come in many colors, tend to stand out well, and are quite long lasting. Pearl white is my favorite.