P95 went bye bye!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
I love the "P" series. I had a P95DC and didn't have the sense to know what I had. I carried it concealed
for a couple of years. (I am 80) with a loose sport shirt on in the summer who would expect an old
codger to have a permit)? Accuracy was built into that gun. Don't know why Ruger dropped them!
Alas, my granddaughter rolled her blue eyes at me one day and said, "Gramps
I sure like that gun". Sammy wound up with the pistol.
Admittedly, she shoots it way better than me. Now I am looking for one on Gunbroker
or wherever. I have a BOLO out with my LGS in case they trade one in.
Blackie

They show up here every month or so, One got sold just in the last week or two. So, be patient and you will find one. Check the post numbers of the person who is selling it (high) and you can even go to their profile and look over their previous post and that will tell you if the person selling is okay. I've bought a number of guns, mostly P series here on the Ruger forum and never ever had a problem.

Welcome!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
So, your user name has 1911 in it but you carry a P95? That's devotion there! If you are willing to consider another gun the EAA Witness poly is similar size and shape to the 95 at a very reasonable price.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
So, your user name has 1911 in it but you carry a P95? That's devotion there! If you are willing to consider another gun the EAA Witness poly is similar size and shape to the 95 at a very reasonable price.

Hmmmm.... My user name is PAVTXER, I am still in PA but I no longer have my VTX and now have a VALKYRIE LOL. I think he loves his P95 LOL.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
FergusonTO35 said:

Ferguson,
The key word in my last post was "carried". Can't carry what I don't have.
I carry a SR1911 with LC9s for backup. I am mostly devoted to what goes BOOM! when I take it out of the holster.
Be it Ruger or Llama or Colt. I will Google the EEA Witness.
Blackie

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Was in Cabelas the other day---they had a P95 in not too great shape --selling for more than when they were new. No thanks

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
My first handgun = P95. Still have it today. Put a Hogue grip on it; I have large hands. Awesome shooter and will eat anything. I won't get rid of it. Little big to conceal carry but love that gun. Sorry to see it go. I do see them on occasion for sale and contemplate getting one for my son, but someday he'll just get mine.

demented

Single-Sixer
OP...We're in the same boat except I had spares. Daughter of a friend of 40 years was needing a pistol, short on cash so I "loaned" her one on my 95's. Aaah, well if it helps her sleep at night and makes her safer traveling, its worth the loss. I even went so far as to hand her three stainless magazines, 200 rnds of fmj and 50 rounds of standard velocity HST and a case. She came back a few times for shooting lessons, did well with it.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Yup---I still have 2 new unfired ones in the safe (not for sale) and will break them out when my current user P95 goes kaput -----which will be a long time from now. Have been stocking up on extra magazines just in case they stop offering those too---have kept the spares as complete kits though---mags and all.

Houstonsp101

Bearcat
Hi. Long time reader but no posts. I am a fan of the p series. Have quite a few Rugers. My P95s are some of my favorites. Sad to see Ruger discontinue them. I have recently shopped around looking at current models of da/sa hammer fired pistols offered by Beretta, CZ and SIG. Though all of them have reported to have trigger pulls that are wonderful I have yet to find one of them that the pull in either da or sa that matches the P95. I fear buying any of these "higher quality" offerings over the "obsolete" P95. I have read many an article gush over the "wonderful" Beretta PX4 storm and these same people would call the 95 ugly and obsolete. I find the storm to be uglier and the controls and trigger pull to be worse than the 95. Just today I tried out Beretta 92 in full size and compact. The compact grip is too short for me with the bottom of the butt digging into the palm of my hand and the trigger pulls on both sizes worse than my 95s. I also tried triggers on CZ 75 and P09 and found them to be lacking. I think I will stick to my 95s. I am sure though my opinion and 2.50 will buy you a cup of Starbucks over rated coffee. :D

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I like the P95, they always sold really well here right up to the end. Ruger should have given the P guns some badly needed updates and kept a few of them around. The P345, P944, and P95 would be a good lineup. When the 345 came out I thought it would be the start of a new P series.

demented

Single-Sixer
Ruger couldn't resist adding crap to the 345 that added to to cost. Plastic striker fired cheaper to make, better profit margin. I own striker fired pistols but the only ones I really like are my Walther P-99 AS models.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
rugerfreak said:
Was in Cabelas the other day---they had a P95 in not too great shape --selling for more than when they were new. No thanks

Rugerfreak,
Every time I walk into Cabela's, I get sticker shock! Although I did pick up an RIA Baby Rock for
$319.00. I get my Rugers from a gun store in College Station, Texas.
Blackie

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
There's 41 of them on gunbroker now, most under $300

A couple years ago I bought 4 p89s for $500 total. They were police or security tradeins with lots of holster wear but for $125 each I couldn't pass them up. Ended up giving a couple of them away as gifts.