LC9s and factory ammunition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tsubaki

Single-Sixer
What factory ammunition are you owners of LC9s's using, for carry and/or at the range?

My wife went out and got her one today,
I don't own a 9mm nor do I intend to reload for it (yet).

This is coming from someone who has reloaded 32 S&W and 25acp.

I shoot Georgia Arms pretty much exclusively.. I practice with 115gr full metal jacket and carry their gold dot stuff.... this is remanufactured ammo that comes in bulk... fmj in 500 round ammo cans and the gold dot hydro shock stuff in bags of 50, I think. It has all shot 100%

vaguru

Bearcat
You can also check the 9mm ammo tests on shootingthebull.net, the 124 HST ammo is tops in the rating. My son and I both have the pro model, functions 100% with everything we have tried, Blazer brass, Blazer aluminum, WWB and my hand loads. We stay away from steel cased ammo.

woodsy

Blackhawk
The LC9s will operate with any factory ammo out there, and a bunch of reloads beyond the limits of factory, both light and heavy (I know because I tried reloads of ALL possibilities). For self-defense, use hollow points. For practice, use solid round points of anything you can get, the cheaper the better, and the lighter the better to reduce recoil for the lady. My only caveat would be to avoid steel or aluminum cased stuff, in case you want to save the brass to (someday) reload them.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
woodsy said:
The LC9s will operate with any factory ammo out there, and a bunch of reloads beyond the limits of factory, both light and heavy (I know because I tried reloads of ALL possibilities). For self-defense, use hollow points. For practice, use solid round points of anything you can get, the cheaper the better, and the lighter the better to reduce recoil for the lady. My only caveat would be to avoid steel or aluminum cased stuff, in case you want to save the brass to (someday) reload them.

Woodsy,
My LC9 and LC9s both go BANG! on any ammo. I recently tried out 600 rounds of WInchester
USA Forged. Which is steel cased jacketed lead ammo. Never had a hiccup. In fact, I may start using
it on the range all the time. Loose casings, no problem, I carry a strong magnet on a string in my
range bag. Just swing it over the cases and voila, clean ground! I do not reload as that is above my
pay grade. (To clumsy)! Good shooting to you
Blackie

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
tsubaki said:
What factory ammunition are you owners of LC9s's using, for carry and/or at the range?

My wife went out and got her one today,
I don't own a 9mm nor do I intend to reload for it (yet).

This is coming from someone who has reloaded 32 S&W and 25acp.

tsubaki,
I use whatever I have on hand at the range, as it all works in my R51. For carry
I load with Ruger ARX ammo. Runs great in all my carry guns. (1911, 9MM, LC9s and
R51 9MM. I do not reload either.
Blackie