what light do you have on your compact pistol?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jfcisme

Bearcat
Greetings All,

I've got a Ruger American Compact Pro and I am in the market for a light to use in an indoor tactical match. What do you use and does it fit in your holster?

I would to get a light laser combo that cost less than the pistol.

tacticalreload

Bearcat
As my RAP full size is on HD duty, it wears a Streamlight TLR-2. If needed, I have a Bravo Concealment holster that is made for this combo. However, my RAP9c is a CCW gun so it doesn't have a light mounted. I was thinking about getting one, but I couldn't find one that was reasonable both in size and price. The best option might be the Surefire XC1. However, I've seen people with issues on non-Glock guns where the front of the light droops down when tightened onto the rail. So I didn't want to make a $$$ mistake.

All my defensive guns have tritium night sights installed, including the two above. When I'm out and about, I usually have a Streamlight ProTac 1L with me.

That being said, this doesn't help you for your match. No matter what light / laser you get, it will not fit in 99% of the holsters you have made for the gun w/o the light mounted. If I wanted a light / laser combo in a somewhat compact package and I wanted to make sure that what I was buying is of good quality, I'd consider the TLR-4. It's not exactly tiny, though.

I have a Streamlight TLR-1 on my home defense handgun, a Glock 17. If I were getting a light for any of my other pistols that have a rail I would be very happy with another Streamlight. They seem very high quality in construction and operation and are less costly than some competing brands.