LCP 2 Magazine Ejecting when firing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UltraD

Bearcat
Hey all, first, no I'm not hitting the mag release button, I had someone else shoot with same results. Brand new LCP, factory mag, mag releases every two shots. Anyone else have issue? Ruger sending new mag and I have others on order but I'm thinking it's the internal mag release mechanism/spring. Thoughts? Thanks

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I haven't had any problems with my magazine falling out when shooting or any problem with it feeding.
Hopefully the replacement magazine will solve the problem.
I only had my LCPII I guess for a week or two and it made a trip back to Ruger because the trigger wouldn't reset. It's been right ever since but even if they have to run a few extra rounds through it make sure they are right before getting shipped.

You'll probably notice or will like several of us have how hard it is to extract a chambered round. I told Ruger about that when it went back for the trigger not resetting and it came back the same way.

James183

Bearcat
Same thing happened to me today. I bought a brand new LCP II and brought it to the range right from the gun shop. Every few rounds the magazine would eject. I thought it might be the magazine release at first but I had a range instructor observe me and she confirmed that it was mechanical. The gun shop I. Ought it from has a Ruger gunsmith they work with so I'm hoping he's able to fix the problem.