Ruger sr9c range report and problem 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rocket_19

Bearcat
This is the link to the last post and the last range trip:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=246729

Of those problems I did a full 10 round and 17 round magazine with winchester white box ammo 115 grain and I had no hangups this time. Maybe the gun was broken in or maybe I had a limp wrist. Well there is a new problem. I shot about 80 rounds today (one brick of 50 aguila 115 grain and 30 of the last of my winchester white) . I used the 17 round magazine only once and then used the 10 round the rest of the time. 3 times while shooting it looked as though the slide was racked but the trigger was still back like it had been shot. The only remedy for that was to drop the magazine and that completely racked the slide and reset the trigger. I slammed the magazine to lock it in and it seemed like maybe it was dropping a centimeter? I have no clue and it only happened 3 times. Should I send to ruger or try the magazine disconnect? I am going to wait to clean until I get a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I don't think you'll get a definitive answer, but you'll get various opinions. Here's mine.

Option A: I'd remove the mag disconnect, clean & lube the gun and check that nothing is bent or broken, and go back to the range to see if that fixed it.

Option B: If you still get the same problem, you can always put the disconnect back in and send it to Ruger, and wait a few weeks to get your gun back.

I prefer Option A to waiting a few weeks.

Mike J

Hunter
I would probably just send it to Ruger & let them handle it but that is just me. I don't know how long the turn around would take but a few years ago I found rust spots under the grips on my SR 1911 I sent it back in. They had it back to me within a week. You might have more time to fool with it than I do though.