MKIV 22/45 Lite questionable

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gobbledot

Bearcat
I purchased the new 22/45 last friday and I am up in the air if I am gonna be happy with it. I went to the range yesterday to shoot it the first time. 1 mag was so tight that I about had to force the shell in and when I put it in the pistol it wouldn't cycle anything. I tried the other mag and it ran flawless but the pistol was shooting low and to the left. I adjusted the elevation and my screwdriver wasn't small enough so I couldn't adjust the windage, looking at the rear sight blade I notice it was loose and wiggling around and I don't know how to fix that. I called Ruger and the lady was super nice and has a mag in the mail to replace the bad one but now what do I do about the loose sights :( ?? I am a BIG Ruger guy and love em and I love the MKIV's but wonder if the are starting to go down in their quality. Pistol comes in a plastic bag and not in a soft pouch like my SR1911 did and now hey don't even come with a test shell. Like I said I am not here to bust on Ruger just wondering if anyone else has had quality issues or am I the only goon with the minor problems.

I would disassemble the problem magazine so if I could make it function I would have a third mag for free. How loose is the rear blade, they all wiggle, just take the proper tools to the range next time and get it sighted in, if you feel the rear blade is defective Ruger will take care of it. Most Rugers come in plastic bags and none come with a test shell anymore.

s4s4u

Hunter
now hey don't even come with a test shell

That is because it is no longer required by law. I what way is the sight loose? Some wiggle fore and aft shouldn't be an issue but left and right or up and down would bother me.