LCP II hurts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kodiak

Bearcat
WAYNO said:
Kodiak said:
Hey guys first time poster, long time shooter. Anyway, I sold my old pocket carry Kahr CM9 to get something smaller and got the new LCP II. Took it out today for the first time just to see what ammo it likes. It fired all five types I had with zero issues which was great.

But after 5 mags, the pad on my trigger finger was killing me and I could shoot no more. I could tell after the first couple of rounds it hurt to shoot this little pistol, which shocked me. It is so reliable, I wont be getting rid of it and will use it for pocket carry, but it sure won't see much range time unless I wear a glove or a band aid. Anyone else have this problem?

Believe me when I say my reply is constructive...

Little bitty guns, with very little mass, with little bitty springs that must be really stout, and relatively small surface areas bearing against different parts of the hand can be uncomfortable...There's no free ride. It's a trade off between comfort or ease of carry.

Normally, a little gun like this is not shot a whole bunch. Fired for function, then put away. It's commendable that you're shooting it enough to be comfortable with it, but if your hand hurts after five magazines, then maybe stop after four.

WAYNO.

It hurt the pad of my trigger finger after the first shot. Five magazines is all I could handle the first time out as I was trying different ammo. Like I said earlier, I will do the Hickock45 thing next time out and wear a band aid.

This is not my first time with small guns, like I said I carried a Kahr CM9 and had no issues with it after 500 rounds, many +p. I also had an XDs .45, it just kicked too freakin' hard for my small hand, but no finger sting. I have also shot a Kahr P380 which is not a whole lot larger than this LCP, and it did not sting my finger. My only reasons for purchasing the LCP II was price and ease of pocket carry, which it does well. Plus this one seems to eat anything it is fed, which is a huge plus in such a small semi.

Then I guess we're running out of answers for you. Little guns are what they are, and some folks are just more sensitive.

The XD .45 kicked too hard, the PPS hurt your finger, and the LCPII hurts your finger. The Kahr was comfortable.

Maybe the Kahr is the answer?

hotshot

Bearcat
After 80 rounds LCP11 flawless no trigger finger problems, but sore web of the hand. agree not a range gun, but a great pocket gun and a super trigger and all the other improvements. Ruger won me back from the old LCP that i sold years ago. Also have a Taurus Millenium G2 9mm which has shot everything with no issues. I have the bases covered.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I have no problem with the new LCPII and my trigger finger. But it's a different story with my very early LCP with a 35lb trigger pull. After a magazine or two my trigger finger really aches.
I was impressed shooting 80 rounds through my new Sig P238 the other day. No discomfort although you know when that little 380 is firing.