RAP 45 Compact Announced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tacticalreload

Bearcat
10mm? Ever since the FBI has blessed the second coming of the 9mm, the nancy boys have come out of the caliber closet to complain about how "snappy" (ie, "it hurts my wittle hand") the .40 S&W is. Remember the days when the .40S&W was new... and called the .40 Short & Wimpy? ;-) A full-house 10mm would make them poop their undies.

I think that everyone should be required to put 100 rounds of 158gr full power .357 magnum through a K-frame before they are allowed to complain about how hard it is to shoot their Glock 23. If nothing else, I guarantee it would give them a great appreciation for recoil / blast and trigger control.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Biggest thing I don't like about the .40 is the high pressure, which can spike easily. The .40 is already throwing a 180 grain slug, it doesn't need 30k psi and over 1000 fps. Keep pressure the same as .45 Auto and velocity around 850 and you basically have a 15 shot .44 Special! 8)

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
tacticalreload said:
10mm? Ever since the FBI has blessed the second coming of the 9mm, the nancy boys have come out of the caliber closet to complain about how "snappy" (ie, "it hurts my wittle hand") the .40 S&W is. Remember the days when the .40S&W was new... and called the .40 Short & Wimpy? ;-) A full-house 10mm would make them poop their undies.

I think that everyone should be required to put 100 rounds of 158gr full power .357 magnum through a K-frame before they are allowed to complain about how hard it is to shoot their Glock 23. If nothing else, I guarantee it would give them a great appreciation for recoil / blast and trigger control.

Piece of cake. Put 100 full power 158gr 357mags through my Model 60 1 7/8" barrel. That WILL get your attention.