LC9 2?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnp

Bearcat
Since Ruger came out with the LCP 2, which I think is a nice improvement, do you think a LC9 2 will be far behind? To me it would make sense, but it may just be wishful thinking on my part.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The original was the "LC9", a copy of the Kel Tec PF-9. The orginal Ruger LC9 had a very fine double action trigger and was hammer fired. Because many consumers were not familiar with double action trigger, the Ruger factory changed the LC9 to a striker weapon and named it the "LC9s". I am not aware of any LC92, I thought Ruger stopped production of the original LC9 hammer fired pistol. Please update me if I have missed something.

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
I was strongly considering the LC9, but now that they've switched to a striker-fired mechanism with that Glock-like trigger safety schizzle thing, it's no longer on my radar.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Triggernosis said:
I was strongly considering the LC9, but now that they've switched to a striker-fired mechanism with that Glock-like trigger safety schizzle thing, it's no longer on my radar.
I agree with you Tom. I have one of the old LC9 pistols with the hammer double action pull and find it to be quite acceptable, but it does take some practice to make it shoot well. Several weeks ago I looked at a new LC9s and I noted while the trigger pull was fairly light, it was long enough to be safe. Since the standard LC9s has a thumb safety, it is a viable choice IMO. Another option, which is working pretty well for me is the shield 9 mm with thumb safety. The shield took a while to break in so that the trigger and thumb safety worked well. Both seem to be good low-cost options and it's pretty easy to find holsters.

A few years ago I went to the gun shop planning on buying a S&W Shield in 9mm. But when I looked at then just released LC9s I was so impressed with the trigger that I bought it on the spot. I find I can shoot this gun well, and keep it on target for follow up shots relatively easily. It replaced my S&W 642 as an everyday carry and has continued in that role since then. I have not had a single failure with it regardless of the ammo. I did not like the feel of the older LC9 but think the LC9s is about as perfect a combination of small size, reliability, adequate self defense cartridge, and ability to shoot well as is available from any manufacturer today.