Ruger P345

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
The p345 is in my opinion an outstanding gun. At the range I can usually shoot a single ragged hole @ 30 ft. With mine. I one time received a comment that the range officer said he had never seen a Ruger that was so accurate. My answer of course was c'est moi not the gun!

Tom W

Blackhawk
The only one I held belonged to a man I met at the range one day. It was the best feeling pistol I've held, except for one I picked up at a gun show. That one was an expensive pocket sized .22, the makers name escapes me.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I have never been lucky enough to own the P345. I have had the P90 twice and now have a P95 on Layaway. I do hope to add the P345 as soon as I see one.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Sold one, kept one. Extremely reliable and boring-accurate. Lightweight and fits into a UM84 holster perfectly for woods-walking.
I believe it was Ruger's best original-design centerfire pistol. Look for the Prescott-marked versions and get some extra mags...

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The P345 was super popular when it came out, I wish they had expanded the design into a 9mm and .40 version. Ruger should have made a free state version with no mag safety, this would have clearly established what the problem was.

tacticalreload

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
The P345 was super popular when it came out, I wish they had expanded the design into a 9mm and .40 version. Ruger should have made a free state version with no mag safety, this would have clearly established what the problem was.

General belief is that Bill Ruger didn't allow it.

I wasn't really a big fan so I never kept a close eye on it; but honestly, I don't remember the P345 being "super popular"... actually, I don't really remember any of the P-series guns to be "super popular" comparatively speaking.

welder

Buckeye
I remember the ambitious ads in the guns rags comparing the P345 and the 1911, touting the new features and somewhat presenting the 1911 as old school. Not really a negative thing really but heavy on the newness of the Ruger. I have had three 345's, still have one and have had no problems with any of them.

Interesting video of Ruger building the P345:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/video/building-a-ruger-p-pistol/

welder

Buckeye
Got a P97 a few years back from a member here, just like all the other P's I have it's been great. If I could just find that elusive P93 at a fair price my P collection would be just about where I want it.

Gobbledot

Bearcat
Of all the firearms I have that is my wife's go to firearm. She doesn't like any of my 1911's or and other pistols in the safe.

Here is my post today.

It has been a long time since I took my P345 to the range. I took it and my Dan Wesson 1911 to the range today. The DW 1911 is really a great and very accurate pistol. But the P345 really shot great. I have a new affection for it. My eyes are not what they used to be but the P345 wore out the 10 circle. Lots of fun and I am taking it to range more often.

Here is my post today.

It has been a long time since I took my P345 to the range. I took it and my Dan Wesson 1911 to the range today. The DW 1911 is really a great and very accurate pistol. But the P345 really shot great. I have a new affection for it. My eyes are not what they used to be but the P345 wore out the 10 circle. Lots of fun and I am taking it to range more often.