LC9 grip sleeve

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I just purchased a grip sleeve for my LC9 introduced by Houge. It was a heck of a job to get in on the frame, I put it in boiling water for several minute to soften it.
I have not shot the LC9 with sleeve but it fits my hand and feels good.
RLC9G_zpsj4n0iby3.jpg

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I love Hogue grip sleeves.

Both my AR's have the "Tactical Sleeve" and my Kahr MK9 has a "Handall Jr."

They can be a bear to wrestle on...but if they're not, they are the wrong size.

Nice job and glad it helped you.

Aqualung

Rei40c

Blackhawk
They are a pain but if they are that difficult to get on it's a really good sign they won't be sliding down as badly when shooting. I've since abandoned these in favor of Talon Grips however if you get a snug fit or if I could be sure it was a snug fit before buying I'd consider using them again.

I've had some bad experiences with them being too lose despite the package specifying it is for my particular pistol resulting in it creeping downwards during extended firing sessions sometimes interfering with the magazine well. I think some just work better with these than others.

Edit: After thinking about this some more the grip slipping down may not be that much of an issue in a carry gun. In it's role I'd imagine you'd be unlikely to fire more than a few shots in a self defense scenario or at worst one magazine.

Thinking back on it the only times I ever noticed slipping was during range sessions of between 150-200 consecutive rounds. Even the worst of these slip on grips took between 50-75 rounds before I had to stop and slide it back up into place.

Toucan56

Bearcat
Just put one on my LC9s Pro. I had a handall sleeve on prior. Makes a big difference, especially the area just under the beaver tail. Thanks op for spotting this,or I'd not have known about it for a while.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
I do not have an LC9 but I do have other smaller 9MM(s) with the handall jr. sleeve on them. How does the hogue compare to the handall jr? If this is a thread drift, I do apologize.

Thanks.

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
I have one on my LCP and I have been thinking about putting one on my LC9s. After reading this it bounced my brain back to ordering it. Duh. Thanks for the posting.

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
Just put one on my LC9s used the old ladies hair dryer to soften it up. Tight fit, looking forward to hitting the range and checking it out. Any comments on the sneaky Pete holsters? Thinking about picking one up I am looking at the belt loop. Don't know weather to go with leather or fabric. The LC9s seems a little heavy in my pocket. I do have a nemesis for pocket carry. Go TRUMP nationwide ccw.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
EQUILIZER said:
.....The LC9s seems a little heavy in my pocket. I do have a nemesis for pocket carry.
I'm thinking the LC9/LC9S would be a little heavy for pocket carry. Is it impossible? No, just seems to me it would be a bit uncomfortable. My LCP is my go to pocket designee. Works like a charm. Regardless, the Hogue grips are great additions. Enjoy!!!

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
USMCXD said:
EQUILIZER said:
.....The LC9s seems a little heavy in my pocket. I do have a nemesis for pocket carry.
I'm thinking the LC9/LC9S would be a little heavy for pocket carry. Is it impossible? No, just seems to me it would be a bit uncomfortable. My LCP is my go to pocket designee. Works like a charm. Regardless, the Hogue grips are great additions. Enjoy!!!

" Thanks LCP for me also" Still going to buy a sneaky Pete belt loop to carry Lc9s when I think I need to.

USN Gulf of Tonkin Gun Fire Support for USMC/ ARMY

jic

Bearcat
I carry my LC9S in my pocket all the time, no problem for me, and I do have the Hogue grip sleeve on it.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I have a pachmeyer sleeve on mine, it doesn't fit as snug as I would like. It gives just that little bit more grip that I like, I only wish it fit a little more snug. I don't want to try to glue it.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
Tom-R2 said:
I have a pachmeyer sleeve on mine, it doesn't fit as snug as I would like. It gives just that little bit more grip that I like, I only wish it fit a little more snug. I don't want to try to glue it.
I know exactly what you mean. In my experience is that the Hogue grips work much better.