LC9s 9rd Mag Differences

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OysterMan

Bearcat
I'm thinking of getting a 9rd magazine for my LC9s. Almost all of the ones I see online for sale are item number 90404 like the one here on the left, but I also have found a few numbered 90457 like the one on the right (which BTW I don't see at ShopRuger.com). They're both listed as fitting the LC9/LC9S, and though they're the same price at this site the second one is usually more expensive. I've read some Pros and quite a few Cons about the 9rd mags, usually about not fitting flush, but have decided I want one. Any ideas if one is better than the other? Maybe the second mag is made specifically for the LC9s?

34j4txv.jpg

roylt

Hunter
I have both. basically the same. The pic on the right shows the plastic has a little indent that matches the regular gun grip. I mean on the side area. I like the right one better but simply for looks. Actually have not shot either as mine came with a used gun I bought.

roylt

Hunter
The actual metal part of the mag is the same as the standard mag. The special base plate makes these hold more rounds.

modrifle3

Buckeye
roylt said:
The actual metal part of the mag is the same as the standard mag. The special base plate makes these hold more rounds.
Hey roylt where did the slide releases on your profile pic come from?

5of7

Hunter
roylt said:

So why not just buy the base plate? Spring tension maybe? Unavailable perhaps? 8)