LCPII problems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
How do you like your P238? I was going to get one but went with a Kimber Micro stainless instead. Thing is, the P238 apparently cannot be had without night sights, so you are going to pay for them whether you want them or not. My Micro came with standard white dot sights which is what I prefer for $500.00 so I rolled with it. Love that pistol, shoots great.

I've only had my P-238 for about a month. So far I really like it. I've only had it to the range once so far and have only put 80 rounds through it without a hiccup. I carry it as a second gun in a Talon wallet holster and my Primary carry gun is usually the slightly larger P-938 that I've been carrying for the last 3 1/2 yrs.
We got my wife a P-238 a few years ago. She doesn't shoot it often but it is a sweet little gun. Before I got my P-238 she told me to use hers but it's the Equinox and has a different larger front sight which I didn't like.
I like the Night sights and was glad they were on it. Let's face it you are going to pay for something one way or another. I have NS on a few of my guns.
I have a Lasermax and Night sights on my G-27. The NS are getting old and getting dim. Now that I have the Lasermax I won't be replacing the Trijicons. I hope I never need them but it's nice knowing I have them in case.

I don't want to go into allot of details but Bass Pro had the Kimber Micros in 380 or 9mm your choice for right at 500.00 on Black Friday. Being pretty badly handicapped I tried to at least reserve one and they refused.There was no way I could stand in a line for a couple hours then get trampled on when the doors opened. They could careless after being a BP customer for decades. Emailing corporate which turned it right back over to one of the store managers I already talked with. That was the end of buying a Kimber.
So since I have a half dozen Sig's I figured I'd stick with a gun I know something about and it has worked well. The best part I don't do business with Bass Pro any longer which is another good thing.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
quote="FergusonTO35"]Geez, that sucks. My local shop has the Micro stainless for $489.00 right now.[/quote]
Yeah it does. I won't say I'll never go in Bass Pro again but it's going to take me sometime getting over it. I don't feel I was asking for anything other than a little consideration. I heard enough BS that will take me awhile to let it roll off my back.

That Micro sounds good but I'm more than satisfied with the little Sig's. The P-238 was about 100.00 more then that Micros sale price but as I said I know what I have with a Sig. To be honest I know nothing about the Kimber's other then what little I looked at them and the name. Maybe down the road I'll try one but I do appreciate the info. I guess that BP super duper Black Friday price wasn't such a big deal after all.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If you are happy with Sig then you should stick with it. Truth be told I would prefer Sig myself, I've always like their products. This was just a case where Kimber had the exact gun I wanted at the right price so I rolled with it.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
That's pretty much what I did and happy I did after shooting it. Sig makes a good product but you're also paying for their quality.
If I'm not mistaken (?) the Kimber Micro 9mm's and the P-938 use the same holsters.Probably the same with the 380 models also.
I had all intentions of buying the Kimber until Bass Pro (I wanted to spell it out purposely) made it a point to let me know they are a bunch of A.H's and only out for themselves.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
The Kimber Micro .380, Sig P238, and Colt Mustang all use the same mags, holsters, and many small parts. I don't know about the 9mm versions.

Thanks that's nice to know.
I posted about my LCPII being replaced. Just look you can't miss the thread.

Byrd

Bearcat
So after readers this thread I'm at a loss as to whether or not the pick up an LCP II. My LGS has one for $289 which I thought was a good price. So what the consensus? Get one now or wait a while?

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Byrd said:
So after readers this thread I'm at a loss as to whether or not the pick up an LCP II. My LGS has one for $289 which I thought was a good price. So what the consensus? Get one now or wait a while?
If you've read my posts I think you know my answer. I've seen brand new LCPII's for as low as 269.99. I gave 279.99 for the one I had. If you really want one I'd wait until they get the bugs worked out of them which I'm sure they eventually will. I have a feeling just from reading on here and other forums they'll probably be making some revision to that terrible Take Down Pin set up they have before long.So far I don't regret getting a Custom instead of a 2nd LCPII when they were replacing mine.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Byrd

Bearcat
Thank you Ruger Redhawk, I appreciate the honest reply! I think I'll wait to see what happens with the issues discussed in this thread. I'm glad I read this before I bought the pistol!