Got a mint Ruger P90 today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triaxle

Bearcat
Stopped at a gun shop along the way and they had a real nice P89 Decock for 269 nicer than the one I do have . I looked some more and their was a mint P90 in 45 auto no box but it was real clean and did not have the terro- alloy name on the slide and was a 663-652xx prefix code I think its a later gun what do you think ? also dug around and found some more fact mags that still had the orange Ruger sticker on them got 3 for 10 bucks each .

hittman

Staff member
A very reasonable buy and those mags were priced super cheap. You can shoot that gun forever without a hiccup.

I had one and really enjoyed it until I moved on to a P220 and SP1911.

Ross61

Bearcat
P90 was the first .45 I bought. 6 months and one owner old).

I can [intentionally] shoot quarters at 10 yds all fay long with the PMC ammo in the old red and whites boxes.

triaxle

Bearcat
I wiped it down and lubed up to go . I shot it today and it was flawless it was a tack driver I fired about 60 rounds ammo . I put the gun in a Desantis black basket weave thumb brake that I had they just go together . I still might go get the P89 D/C for 269 it was a later on prefix but was nicer than the one I have which has been flawless also . I have Smiths Colts Hk but I still like the older Ruger stuff well I did pick up a new American compact in 9 mm last week its been good to go also I missed the 77 V 220 red pad for 499 was like new .

welder

Buckeye
Good find. I ran across a KP89 complete and like new for 269.00 and also a P90 that had both mags but no box for 209.00 last Thursday. Fought off the urge telling myself I didn't need more P guns as I have multiples of each. Go home with my new Beretta 92 compact but can't get the Rugers off my mind and go back Friday and they're both gone. :cry: Didn't really need to spend the money but those were good deals and I wish I hadn't hesitated. Hopefully they'll make someone happy as mine have made me, great guns and great prices.

triaxle

Bearcat
I went into a Gander Mount and found a Ruger p944 that was the dirtiest gun I ever saw had 2 mags was the last one of a police trade deal in the town ship 149.00 I took it home .

welder

Buckeye
Sounds like the P90 I mentioned, safety and slide were actually sticky, old gun oil gummed up and such, not really dirty. Mags still had the yellow stickers on them and I figure the gun still had the Ruger oil on it. A few light scratches but still easily worth 209.00. I'm joking with the counter guy about how no one wants these old P guns but they never stay in the case for more than a day or two. He said they didn't make much on them but he forgot that his boss usually offers nearly nothing for them on trade. I can verify that first hand.

triaxle

Bearcat
That one was 149 buck for a 40 cal I jumped on it . The other times I stop in their for a look any Ruger stuff is like 300 to 389 . I also found a mint Ruger P89 its a late build they want like 400 range for it .

welder

Buckeye
I've found a couple complete low or no use KP89s in the 289.00 range here, another one that had reasonable wear, no box, 10 rd. mags etc. was 179.00 a couple years ago. I bought it thinking it could be a parts guns if needed but cleaned it up and made it a truck gun. About the only 400.00 range guns I've seen are on gun broker or private listings on the local gun boards, they usually just relist over and over.

triaxle

Bearcat
They dont make them anymore and I see some of them edging up . I looked at a real nice D/C P 89 for 269 and one right at home is a late prefix they want close to 389 plus tax its a safe model .

I'm limiting myself to the decock only models in stainless, either 89's or 95's.... picked up a 95 this week for $317 out the door... this included the sales tax. Got it home and I'm not sure it has ever been shot. No box and just one 10 round mag... some off brand one... that I will give to somebody here if they want it.

triaxle

Bearcat
Yea I have a P89 decock Southport gun it has honest wear and tear I know where their is a real nice one for 265 and also a pretty late safe model like new its a little high like 389 or so . I cant keep from going back.

I bought my first P90 about 16 years ago, fantastic pistol.
I bought my second P90 earlier this year, fantastic pistol.

I had the second P90 out today, 150 rounds, flawless performance.

Fantastic Pistols !!!

triaxle

Bearcat
This one has been flawless also I did not go out that day to look for one but I could not let it go.

Latest posts