barrel interchange

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fishingjeff

Bearcat
Now I have a good question for the more knowledgeable- will a MKIV Hunter barrel interchange with a MKIV Target frame? Just got mine this weekend at the Palmetto show. Feels good in the hand. May get to the reopened range this week. It's really nice that MKIII mags will fit and work in it.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Luckyducker said:
I have never heard of a Mk IV. Are you sure this is a Ruger product?

They've been working on it for a few years and it's just come out. You ought to check into how the take down works. I think you will find that interesting. :)

As for if the barrels will interchange I don't know. It's so new not a lot of people have them yet or have gotten time with them in hand. I'd be curious to know also if you find out.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Oh and a side note about the MkIV for those who haven't heard. Ruger has confirmed there WILL be a 22/45 configuration of this pistol. So speaking of barrels I suspect there will be even more types and lengths coming once those are rolled out.

The MK Iv's still haven't made it to my LGS although I figure it should be any day now.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Actually this thread belongs in the Rimfire Forum.

Yes, the MkIV is available and I have a Stainless Target model. So far it's been great. And, yes, there will be several variations in the future.

As to whether the Hunter receiver will fit on the Target frame, I don't know for sure but I expect it will. That said, I don't know if all of these will be a drop-in fit or will require some fitting to mate-up properly.