RAC-9/LCP II Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rugeritis

Bearcat
Found some time to go burn a box of Seller & Bellot FMJ (~$12/bx.) through the RAC-9. I love shooting this pistol. The weight of the firearm felt great in my hand and was very controllable. I use the small back strap because I have big palms, but short fingers. Ate up 50 rounds real quick with no misfires. Good fun. I also ran 24 rounds through the LCP II. No misfires, but a lot more muzzle flip. Still a great little gun.

hotshot

Bearcat
Just took new LCP 11 to the range. Agree it is snappy, need a firm grip but trigger is great and after 70 plus rounds of FMJ and JHP Fiocci no issues what so ever. Big improvement over old LCP. Great pocket pistol. I will say my Taurus G2 9mm is a lot more enjoyable to shoot. The little 380 was starting to hurt the hand after 70 rounds. Will be my primary defensive carry gun in this warm Arizona weather (great in the pocket)...

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the range reports. I agree the little LCP II is a bit snappy. I fired 90 rounds the other day and that was more than enough for one range visit. There's no comparison between the old LCP trigger and the new LCPII's. I think Ruger has a winner, accept the fully cocked hammer that is really starting to concern me.