Ruger E9 stove pipe problems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Inkmonkey5

Bearcat
I just recently purchased a Ruger E9. I took it to the range this weekend. I was shooting Hornady Critical Defense and Winchester white box. The Hornady ran flawlessly but I had several stove pipes with the white box. I didn't shoot a full 100 rounds. My question is, has anyone had this problem and if so, what did you do to remedy the problem?

Most likely the ammo... I'm not familiar with the pistol but often folks discuss Winchester white box and usually not in a good way... every once in a while someone will brag that they actually have a gun that shoots the stuff well.

The other issue you might be dealing with is 'limp wristing'... this is where you don't hold the semi auto tight enough... it is hard to imagine for a new shooter... but it is possible to let a semi auto slip back with the recoil and this does not allow the gun to chamber a round properly.... I can't do it with my Ruger P pistols but have seen someone else do it with one as well as I did do it with a new Glock 17.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Most likely the ammo. I just put 100 rounds of WWB through my 9E and 100 through my SR9c. No problems with other ammo shot that day. At least 3 or 4 FTE from the WWB.

I've owned a few of the SR-series pistols, both in 9mm and .40 .

The very first was the full size 9mm. From the beginning it did not like 115 grain bullets, regardless of the brand. It worked perfectly with heavier bullets. So I shot an assortment of 124
and 147 grain bullets for a while, then cleaned all the factory KY lube out of the gun. Tried115 gr again, and it has never failed since, in any way.

WAYNO.

Mike J

Hunter
WAYNO said:
I've owned a few of the SR-series pistols, both in 9mm and .40 .

The very first was the full size 9mm. From the beginning it did not like 115 grain bullets, regardless of the brand. It worked perfectly with heavier bullets. So I shot an assortment of 124
and 147 grain bullets for a while, then cleaned all the factory KY lube out of the gun. Tried115 gr again, and it has never failed since, in any way.

WAYNO.

This is what I was thinking. I would try giving it a good cleaning & lube it up. That might cure your problems.