Tandemkross LCP tool less take down pin.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I placed an order earlier for one of the Tandemkross LCP tool less take down pins. I have a shooting buddy that swears by these replacement pins. I was going to order two, one for my old model and another for the new LCPII. I thought I better ask first. https://www.tandemkross.com/Tool-less-Takedown-Pin-for-LCP_p_106.html

Unfortunately they will not fit the Custom LCP's. She said they don't have the new LCPII yet but customers have reported that this pin will not work with the new LCPII.
This replacement pin stays in place. I've had mine start to work out on my early model LCP. I've read reports that the factory pins have been known to break off. Once I get the II back from Ruger and I get the pin I'll try it on the new LCPII.
I thought I might save any of you a problem who maybe thinking about getting one of these replacement pins for your LCP's.

louchia

Single-Sixer
I would call Ruger. they will send you a new model pin for the LCP at no charge.

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I must have more then a 1,000 rounds threw my LCP and it was only last year the take down pin did shear the head off.I called Ruger they did replace the pin free of charge only problem they only sent 1 pin.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I know I could have called Ruger but these Tandemkross pins are held in place by that spring wire retainer in the hole. When I replace this original pin I'll keep it for a rainy day just in case.I'm sure the Ruger pins are also held in by that wire but as I said my buddy had the original and he replaced it with this aftermarket Thademkross pin and swears by it. He said the Ruger pin was constantly working out. I can't remember if he said it sheered off or not.

Thanks for the info louchia
I didn't know that Ruger has a new model pin for them now. I probably should call them and get a pin or two. I wish these aftermarket pins fit the new LCPII.
I got a email saying that my Tandemkross will ship today via USPS. It was Free shipping.

railroader

Single-Sixer
I know this thread is from a few weeks back but I use the Tandemkross take down pin in my Lcp custom and it works fine. I spoke with a lady there and she told me that some customs had had issues with the pin. I bought one anyway just to see. It's been in the gun for about 4 months with no problems.