Triggers and sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brucear777

Bearcat
I have a 45 and a 9mm that I bought in 2014/2012 I do not see the need to change the Triggers on these guns at all. I have put 1000 rounds through each gun and I know when the trigger is going to break and when it's going to reset and they are both smooth triggers and for the sights I see no need to change them either because when the SHTF you are not going to be thinking about the trigger and trying to line up the sights you're going to point and pull the trigger and if somebody tells you that you are going to take the time and line up the sides and know when the trigger is going to break and when it is going to reset they're full of s***.
What do you all think about this :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Think about what? (yeah being a smart butt :mrgreen: )

I say the same thing about night sights - why? Unless they glow pretty damn bright as to EASILY see them in a STRESSFUL situation, a person is not going to, nor have the time to, align them little glowing dots. That's why, IMO, people that carry for protection should put some time in practicing point shooting. Get that muscle memory down and you'll automatically use it in a close encounter stress situation (and probably be more successful).

I'd rather have a good bright LED light on my gun, it can do a number of things; illuminate your target (which might just deescalate the situation), or temporarily blind the aggressor allowing you to take other actions as necessary.

That said, some people do change their triggers on their guns so that no matter what they are carrying, they all have the same feel (or close to it). Now that statement would be for carry guns, if you are talking competition guns, shooters will many times have different triggers for different guns for the different types of competitions.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
brucear777 said:
I have a 45 and a 9mm that I bought in 2014/2012 I do not see the need to change the Triggers on these guns at all. I have put 1000 rounds through each gun and I know when the trigger is going to break and when it's going to reset and they are both smooth triggers and for the sights I see no need to change them either because when the SHTF you are not going to be thinking about the trigger and trying to line up the sights you're going to point and pull the trigger and if somebody tells you that you are going to take the time and line up the sides and know when the trigger is going to break and when it is going to reset they're full of s***.
What do you all think about this :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Been there done that. A long time ago in a land far away. Not Rugers tho. :wink:

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
OK No where did I see what type of gun you have other than the Caliber of the two guns. 45 cal and 9 mm. Not one word was written as to the maker of the guns. I must assume that since we are in the Ruge.com forum that you are talking about a 45 cal ruger pistol and a 9 mm ruger pistol.

But what models are you talking about here?

Now I agree that in a crunch I'm going to be shooting without aiming. But in most cases I want to aim where I'm trying to shoot. I want to be able to hit the target with bullets not just try to scare the crap out of the person who's breaking into my house. So a good set of night sights and some low light practice time would go a long way to keeping me safer.