New LCP - trigger doesn't reset sometimes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Erick421 said:
Hopefully they will make it right on the first trip back. The worst part is watching all these YouTube videos where people run 150-200 rounds through theirs without a single malfunction at all and here I am not even able to get through 6 rounds without an issue. I shouldn't be surprised though. I tend to have this caliber of luck on a regular basis haha. I'll be sure to report back when it returns and I'll check back to see how your situation turns out as well.

I've had other Rugers that had to go back more than once. Even several years ago my Redhawk I still have went back 2 or 3 times. The last time they basically replaced everything from the cylinder ,crane , the barrel and most of the internal parts. They finally got it right. I know this happens but it's getting way to frequent.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Today as become a great day after all. Not only waking up to a new and more desirable President than we've had or could of had. I got a email about an hour ago that my problem child LCPII is headed home and will be here on Friday the 11th. I guess they repaired it not asking where to send a replacement.

I will report with what all they did to it and will try to get it to the range early next week to run it though it's paces. That wasn't to bad they received it back a week ago today , hopefully it has been corrected and is coming home. I'll give a range report as soon as I get it to the range.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Update!

I got my problem child back today. I probably should have sent the magazine in with the gun but I couldn't see any issues with the magazine and to make sure I got my magazine back.
Okay!
According to the packing list;
Items replaced..... Barrel, Trigger Bar, Sear and Sear Spring. No mention of anything done to the extractor. I tried extracting the first round and it did the same has it had been. I tried in again a few more times and the extractor did release the round. It didn't eject it out the ejection port it probably will when fired. The magazine was removed and that's where the extracted round came out through the magazine port. As long as the gun functions right no big deal with the extracted round as long as it doesn't have the extractor locked on to the cases base.
Then it says After repair, Pistol was function fired w/ 21 rounds of Black Hills 100 gr FMJ without Malfunction.

As when I got the SR1911 9mm back it had a slip of paper saying that it gun was wiped down as a courtesy but not-lubed.
It also says since they didn't get the original magazine back they can't guarantee the function without it.

I thought this was a nice gesture on their part. Please accept this complementary Ruger Cleaning cloth as our way of saying Thank You for your support of Ruger Firearms.
I dry fired it and worked the slide fast a half dozen times or so and the trigger reset each time. I'll report when I run it through it's pace at the range hopefully early next week.

Stingray 21

Bearcat
My new LCP Custom is doing the same thing. The trigger won't reset most of the time. Called Ruger and they want me to take it to a gun dealer and have them call Ruger for instructions. Seems like a major inconvenience to the dealer to make them caller Ruger and sit on hold in the customer service queue when I didn't even but it there.

hittman

Staff member
I've had a couple of these little polymer 380 semi-auto's over the years. Once would have been enough. Not a fan; of the gun size or caliber.

Glad a moved on to the LC9 .... no problems with it AFTER a trip back to the mother ship for light primer strikes. Mostly a carry the LCR though.