Aftermarket parts - SR9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ignacio

Bearcat
Hey all,
any of you have any experience with spare magazines from a company called ProMag Industries? I just got 2 extra magazines for my SR9E. they look fine, and fit good. I haven't fired any rounds through them, though.
Any comments, feedback, etc? they were only $16 each, so if they're sh*t then it's not too much of a hit to the pocketbook

thanks in advance
Ignacio

gunman42782

Hunter
I don't know how they are now, but Pro Mag used to be absolute junk. They might have gotten better, who knows.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
ignacio said:
Hey all,
any of you have any experience with spare magazines from a company called ProMag Industries? I just got 2 extra magazines for my SR9E. they look fine, and fit good. I haven't fired any rounds through them, though.
Any comments, feedback, etc? they were only $16 each, so if they're sh*t then it's not too much of a hit to the pocketbook

thanks in advance
Ignacio

General rule of thumb-sucking: You get what you pay for. :wink: :)

DGW1949

Hunter
Regardless of what I (or the next guy) may think about ProMags in general.....beings how you've done bought 'em, there's really nothing to do at this point but try to get a refund....or....take 'em to the range, load 'em up with whatever ammo you intend to use, and see for yourself.

Either way, it's your call.

DGW

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
ProMag has quite a spotty reputation on this and most gun forums. I have only had good results from their products.

I bought 1 of the 32 round mags for my 9E and it has functioned perfectly in my 9E and an SR9c.

I also have 5 of their 15 round mags for my Hi Point 9mm carbine and they work fine too, no issues to report.

My dad has several ProMags for his Sig P226 and again they work fine.

There are plenty of reports online from people with bad experiences so it is more than appropriate to be skeptical in regards to the quality of ProMags. I have had good experiences with them.

Would I use ProMags for carry purposes? NO
Will I use them for range time? Yes

Lowranger

Bearcat
This thread interests me.

I picked up a 9E that I haven't even fired yet.

Ordered a 32 round ProMag as a novelty mostly.

Also picked up a 10 round ProMag for my LC9s.

Haven't tested it either.

I'll be crossing my fingers for Ignacio...and myself too !

ignacio

Bearcat
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the feedback, both good and bad. I haven't tested either magazine, but I plan to in the near future. they seem fine; a little lighter than the Ruger-branded one I got with the gun, but they loaded fine, and the spring action seems good.
My boss is also a gun enthusiast, and he had good things to say about Pro Mag