Ruger LCP-2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
USMCXD said:
So, any trigger or functional issues with these LCP 2's?

ANY UPDATES???

My LCPII was one of them that wouldn't reset. It went back to Prescott, they corrected it and the trigger hasn't failed to reset since.
It's back in Prescott again, for other problems I posted above about. There has to be a better way then that Take Down Pin set up I would think.

I'm anxious to see what they have to say about carrying it with a chambered round with a fully cocked hammer with not much of a safety to speak of. I know if I were doing it again I wouldn't buy another one.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
hotshot said:
Really like my new LCP11, but why didn't they get rid of that crazy take down pin. Ruger needs to look at the new Taurus Spectrum, now that's the way the Ruger should be (turn the take down screw) an off with the slide!

I had never seen or ever heard of Taurus Spectrum before. I'm not a fan of Taurus and never waste my time to see what's new.
You got me curious so I looked up to see what the Taurus Spectrum is. It's different for sure. The Beretta Nano has about that same thing. I have a Nano and it has what appears to be the same take down set up. I very seldom use the Nano but I have to say that the take down set up is easy, fast and works great.And No it doesn't work out like the Ruger take down pin does.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
USMCXD said:
Ruger Redhawk"} I know if I were doing it again I wouldn't buy another one.[/quote said:
That good, huh? Is this a known issue with even the latest releases too?

All the problems I've been talking about is on the LCPII which is the latest LCP model. The problem with the Take Down Pin I don't know how common it is. I'm sure Ruger is aware there's problems. I know mine even after trying a couple different Ruger pins and the Tandemkross pin they all walked out. Very poor design.
I've never fired the LCP Custom but I've heard they are so much better and Ruger discontinued them.I also realize the Customs use the same Take Down pins.
That's it for me I'll slip my new Sig P238 in my wallet holster.

When I know anything from Ruger I'll report back.
It was in Phoenix this morning and they probably have it by now in Prescott. Talk about Deja Vu it feels just like yesterday saying Ruger should have it by now.

AnonDefense2

Bearcat
Several people have been posting their problems with the LCP 2, but how many of us are happy with it? I have had it for several weeks now and I absolutely love it. It's comfortable, accurate, and happily digests whatever ammo I load in it. The only modification I've done to it is add a little fluorescent paint to the front sight so I can get better contrast between the front and rear.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
All I can say is, the number of LCP2 Owners with known verifiable issues is way too many for me to grab one up. Ruger needs to address the issue prior to producing anymore. As for now, my LCP1 will fit the bill.

Happy Shooting Everyone!!!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
To be fair, a lot of guns stumble out of the gate. The Colt Mustang and it's descendants the Sig P238 and Kimber Micro did, some say these still do. My Micro has been 100% so far but you can go on Kimber Talk and read accounts of many that are not. I like the mini 1911 enough to work through any problems that may come up, just as I like Glocks, S&W revolvers, Browning Hi-Powers, and lever action rifles.

AnonDefense2

Bearcat
Definitely there are some issues that people are having with them. I'm one of the fortunate ones that has been able to get one that had no mechanical problems whatsoever.