Help with feeding issue.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mopar

Bearcat
I would use search, but don't know what its called. I shot 100 rounds through my new LC9s today. I am pleased with the pistol. I had one issue which I think may be magazine related. Out of 100 rounds, 4 failed to load properly. When the fired round was ejected, the new round would not chamber. It would stand (pointing up) and get caught by the closing slide. fired round was ejected, chamber was empty, new round caught in slide and standing straight up. Where should I focus my attention?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
mopar said:
Where should I focus my attention?
On your grip. Those are stovepipes and are a classic sign of a loosening grip, some call it "limpwristing", I don't like it because people get all defensive. Work on maintaining a good two hand hold and check your reaction to recoil, should be okay after that.

demented

Single-Sixer
A smart *** reply would be tell you to go buy a Shield, Glock, Walther, anything but a Ruger. Ruger pistols gave soured on me, one after another since they dropped the old P series without all the safety crap.

Yep, probably how you were holding the pistol... With a continued problem like this one solution is to have someone else shoot the gun.... last week at our East Coast Ruger gathering there was a P95 that was causing problems... I watched the guy shooting it and about every third round failed to eject properly.... Later Contender put 10 rounds through it with no problem, then I did the same....