Blasphemous Sig Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So, now that I am a Sig owner, P226, (actually I've owed a .380 Sig for years)... I'd like to join a Sig Forum but when I did a search I found at least 4 or 5 different sights... years ago I belonged to 3 different gun discussion forums here on the internet... but after a while I decided to only visit here and left all the others...

I don't plan to abandon the Ruger Forum here but would like to try a Sig forum and need some advice. Hopefully there is a Sig forum close to as friendly as this place.

E

Single-Sixer
I recommend sigforum.com. Overall seems pretty friendly and informative, and they seem to like Rugers a whole lot. Some members here are members there as well.

Thanks for the suggestions... and I'll see.. trying to figure out if changing to a short reset trigger is worth it as well as some other things.... Took the Sig to my club again today and put about 30 more rounds through it... damn fine pistol... better than me.... but then at the same time I also brought the Ruger KP95dc I just bought from a fellow member here and put about the same through it... just as reliable if not quite as accurate. I probably should not mention the FMK I got for free for becoming a life time member of Front Sight.... only one hickup and I think that was me chambering a round and not letting the slide lock fully forward... trigger on this Glock wanna be is pretty poor... but what can you expect from a 'free' gun that should sell for around $200 brand new?

That damn Sig P226 is tight.... 3" groups at 50ft... shooting standing with two hands trying to improve my 'isometric' grip.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
blume357 said:
That damn Sig P226 is tight.... 3" groups at 50ft... shooting standing with two hands trying to improve my 'isometric' grip.

There is really only one thing that has kept me away from the Sig P226. First I should say I've never fired one but the thing that's bothered me about it is what appears to be a very high bore axis. In other words it looks like the barrel sits way above your grip and I guess I assumed it would make it a "flippy" gun to shoot. The same can be said about all the Springfield XD's.

Is this a real problem or just one I invented that doesn't really exist? The Sig 226 that is usually for rent at my range vanished weeks ago from the counter, otherwise I'd have rented it. I have a feeling this is a question I could answer for myself just firing a few shots but I don't have access to one at the moment.

Rei40c, Yep, I think you are going to have to figure that one out yourself.... I'm not familiar with the 'flippy' gun thing... Not saying you are wrong... just never have reached that level of pistol knowledge or ownership. The 226 does have a good bit of recoil for a large heavy pistol and so that might be 'it'.

Groundhog666

Bearcat
Sigforum is a weird site. It does not let you register if you have a free email account such as gmail or yahoo.

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
Sigforum is a great site. The moderators maintain tight control on discussions to weed out trolls and such, but folks there are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic (just like here!). I've been a member of sigforum since 2000, and have been very pleased all along. Congratulations on your new Sig P226 - you won't be disappointed. I own 8 Sigs (so far); they are among the finest in the world when it comes to engineering and craftsmanship. Their customer service is probably as good as Ruger's, in those rare events when it is necessary.

Try sigforum; I think you'll enjoy and get a lot out of it. I learn something every time I visit. Just like here...

Tip

Single-Sixer
E said:
I recommend sigforum.com. Overall seems pretty friendly and informative, and they seem to like Rugers a whole lot. Some members here are members there as well.

I've lurked there. In fact, I bookmarked a thread on the P228 that has the breakdown of variations and other useful details.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3810077763

On the down side, I tried to register there so I could ask questions of my own and it says sigforum.com doesn't allow free email, such as yahoo, gmail, etc.
That's all I have.
Anyone have experience with this and can offer suggestions?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Groundhog666 said:
Sigforum is a weird site. It does not let you register if you have a free email account such as gmail or yahoo.

This always confuses me. Being we're in 2016, WHO PAYS FOR AN EMAIL SITE ANYMORE??? I haven't done that since the last century.

-- To the topic of SIG pistols:
I've owned a couple. The Browning BDA was a contracted P220, which I carried around when I thought I needed a huge gun to shoot 45ACP. Then I laid my Star PD alongside... and sold the SIG. I found the BDA/220 accurate and fun, but it was just too big to be anything but a truck gun for me. Think I paid $299 when Walmart still sold handguns & kegs of Unique.
I also had a P230 I really liked - a P226 in the late '80s that looked cool but never shot instictively for me - and a slick little P225 when those first came out. Made lots of sense until I found a P6 import for half the cost of the 225, which got sold to cover the P6, a reblue, and several more magazines. I still have the P6 but haven't fired it in years now that I think about it. It was accurate also and functioned smoothly with any load I ever put into it.

Ditto on the high barrel centerline with the SIGs. For my grip the muzzle flip was extreme and predictable. It was surprising how much the difference affected my aim.