LCP mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Longone

Bearcat
Do any of you have any of the aftermarket mags and if so are they reliable? How many spares do you normally keep for this model? Probably going to pick one up very soon and would like to gather the mags with the LCP rather than piece meal.

Thanks, Longone

DGW1949

Hunter
Just from what I know relative to little pocket-rockets and fighting for one's life, I'd stick with factory mags...and figure on carrying one extra mag per assailant.

That probably aint what you was wanting to hear, but there it is.

DGW

Longone

Bearcat
No problem,

In some cases aftermarket (Mec-Gar) 1911 mags work as well as Wilson mags. That is in my guns at the range, when I carry a 1911 I carry Wilson mags though. I was interested to see if anyone had any really negative comments about the aftermarket's.
I was figuring on at least two extra to start with.

Longone

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The six round Pro-Mags work great in my pistol. I've heard the 10 rounders are not good, which is fine because I have no use for such a long mag in this gun.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If you think anbout it, this is about the most simple mag possible. Six rounds, single stack, centerfire rimless catridge, no LRHO. So even Promag should be able to make them work. I can't tell any functional difference whatsoever other than the mag release seems to lock in to the Pro Mags more positively, whereas the OEM mags sometimes need an extra shove. :shock:

Longone

Bearcat
So I picked up an LCP today and a spare factory mag. In the box mag was made in the USA while the spare mage was made in Italy. Both carry the Ruger trademark bird with the "R" inside the circle. :?

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
The Italian mags are typically made by MecGar and are excellent. When I bought several spare mags for my LCP I specifically sought out Italian made mags. Both of my 7 rounders are American made though.

Ian03741

Bearcat
Slightly off subject, but does anyone make extended mags for the LCP? Particularly in .380? I have a coworker that recently picked up (I believe) an LCP or LC .380. He told me that he could get a 30 round mag (double stack tapered to a single stack to fit in the mag well) but I don't believe him.