LCP custom

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I got on youtube yesterday and Hickock was shooting an LCP custom model and remarking about the vast improvement in the trigger.

Did Ruger change the actual mechanism of the trigger, or was it just a different trigger with the same internals. Anybody have one? 8)

black029

Single-Sixer
The internals have to be different, but I am no engineer, nor have I stripped both models to compare. It feels like half the pull is already done when you take up the slack on the Custom. I gave up on my very early production 2008 LCP ages ago, but the memory of that awful trigger lingers. The custom is MUCH better. Seems like half the previous pull weight. And it's shorter.
The ugly red trigger has one other issue, besides being ugly, in that it completely flat on its face, and that doesn't feel very good. A bit of rounding would be more comfortable. The sights are a yuuuuuge improvement over the sesame seed bump on standard LCPs.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
It appears now that the LCP custom was actually the Ruger LCP I 1/2 :lol: :lol:

Ruger Man would not the pecking order on the LCPs be.....The first would be LCP I the modifications that followed would be the LCP 1 & 1/2, different trigger and hammer set up and larger sights. The LCP red trigger model would be the LCP 1 & 3/4s now followed by the LCP II. On another post I offered up my comments on the LCP II after a 100 rounds, I think I'll just keep my LCP 1 & 1/2 its just perfect for my needs.