LC9s First, Second and Third groups

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NixieTube

Blackhawk
First of all, I want to apologize to everyone because when I bought my LC9s I said I would post targets immediately.

That didn't happen. I kept the LC9s in the Remora holster and didn't take it to the range because I shot my .40 S&W, my shotgun and a couple of my rifles more than that since then.

TODAY I took the LC9s to the range and here are my very first results at 10 yards. The lines are exactly 1" apart.

The outer flyers are me going through the first magazine with the usual: "How is this gun going to respond?" anxiety.

The two inner groups were the second magazine - as in the second magazine I've ever shot through the gun. Four shots into approx. 2.5 inches and then three shots into approx. 1.5 inches from a distance of 30 feet. I shot *all* those rounds in about 20 seconds total, just long enough to regain the front sight, with a few seconds break between the two groups.

I was amazed that I was so inaccurate with the first magazine - I just didn't know how it would go and I was nervous. Once I realized how soft shooting the gun was and did a bit of "bearing down" on the sights and trigger, everything tightened up fast.

It's an excellent pistol. It shoots a lot more softly than I thought it would. I'm using the "pinky finger" extension magazine baseplate because I really prefer the full grip it lets me apply to the firearm; I don't like the "two finger" hold. YMMV.

My "peripheral" shots on this target were literally the *first rounds* I have ever fired through the gun, and they were way off because I was yanking it around and not paying attention. I was firing Blazer Brass FMJ 115 grain.

There are two distinct groups here, a few seconds apart, and I was shooting a little low, which was my fault. The sights on the gun are right on, but I wasn't. The trigger on this pistol punches way above its weight class - the reviews are correct. If you can get the sight picture or dot on the target, it won't let you down. In fact the gun itself is worth more than you'll pay for it. Once I settle down with it and put another 500 rounds through it I'm sure I'll get 7 rounds into the little red squares at 10 yards with no problem. I'm very pleased with the performance. I honestly feel that after a few weeks of practice I'll be hitting 6 or 8 inch plates at 50 yards with this little pistol, and that's a lot to say for a gun this small.

These were all done offhand, standing, shooting 10 yards from a target that was about 2 feet below my line of sight.

I have another group, not shown here, where I put three rounds into a single, ragged hole from the same distance, but the target got torn in half when I took it down because of the dipsy-doodle way I hung it.

I'm impressed with the LC9s and I know that with a few hundred rounds of practice it's going to be a very accurate pistol. It functioned flawlessly, and I'm looking forward to putting a few more thousand rounds through it. You start off thinking: "it won't do it" and then you just concentrate, take a couple of deep breaths, and it performs. I'm impressed. It's a lot more accurate than me. Once I get a few hours of practice under my belt I'll be making a lot smaller groups, and what you see here at 10 yards may apply at 25 yards or even more.

RUGER_LC9S_GROUPS_10YARDS.jpg

Latest posts