I've had it with ruger!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jammer

Single-Sixer
If they don't wake up and admit that they need to, no wait I need them to make a pistol in 10mm I'm gonna have no choice but to go buy a glock... I'm getting real tired of this crap....

Taterman

Buckeye
jammer said:
If they don't wake up and admit that they need to, no wait I need them to make a pistol in 10mm I'm gonna have no choice but to go buy a glock... I'm getting real tired of this crap....

Let's be reasonable here. :)

loaded round

Hunter
Don't even look at a ''Block'' let alone buy one. Save your pennies and buy a Sig P220 in 10mm. I did, and have never been happier. I don't think Ruger will ever come out with a 10mm until they're 100% sure their 1911 frames can handle the stress. Colt did have some frame problems when they first came with the Delta Elite back in the 80's if I remember correctly. Seriously, look at the Sig P220.

10 mm's really don't sell that well. Seems Ruger has made a reasonable financial decision not to make a product that won't have a reasonable pay out for the costs of engineering and tooling up to make one. But what the heck they could make the same sort of decisions Colt has made for years.

Colt is down to basically two platforms, M-16 and 1911. Oh they may make some variations of those, but that's it, just two platforms. And, if it weren't for the military buying M-16's from them they'd have gone belly up decades ago.

loaded round

Hunter
Don't forget the Peacemaker SAA models also.

Jeepnik said:
10 mm's really don't sell that well. Seems Ruger has made a reasonable financial decision not to make a product that won't have a reasonable pay out for the costs of engineering and tooling up to make one. But what the heck they could make the same sort of decisions Colt has made for years.

Colt is down to basically two platforms, M-16 and 1911. Oh they may make some variations of those, but that's it, just two platforms. And, if it weren't for the military buying M-16's from them they'd have gone belly up decades ago.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
There isn't enough profit in it for Ruger to take the time to make a 10mm.

If you really want a 10mm go buy one from Glock, Sig etc.

jammer

Single-Sixer
I know the reasons why fellas I'm just really bummed because I think the 10mm is the shiznit for woods gun in wisconsin and I like higher capacity than 1911 offers. I prefer to buy american. Nothing against glock I've owned a few, but an sr10 I think is do-able just throwin it out there dreamin out loud :mrgreen:

jammer

Single-Sixer
Loaded round, what's the capacity on that p220? Barrel length? We need 5 1/2" from firing pin to muzzle in wisconsin to be legal for deer hunting.

loaded round

Hunter
Jammer:
My Sig P220 SAO has a magazine capacity of 8+1 with a 5'' OAL barrel. If you were closer I'd invite you out to shoot it at my local range, and buy the beers when the firearms are put away.
LR

ditto1958

Blackhawk
You've "had it" with Ruger? Is there a law against having guns from more than one maker? If you want a 10mm, get one. Glock, Sig, Colt... a used Smith & Wesson.

Meanwhile, if Ruger doesn't hurry up and come out with a .30-30 lever gun, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
ditto1958 said:
You've "had it" with Ruger?
Meanwhile, if Ruger doesn't hurry up and come out with a .30-30 lever gun, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue.
. Yeah, I also feel entitled to a Ruger 30-30 lever action also. Don't them dirty scutters know that I expect immediate compliance with my wishes? HAHA

Rather than reflect Jammer's true feelings, I think it was tongue in cheek comment designed to encourage response to an low interest topic.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
MountainWalker said:
ditto1958 said:
You've "had it" with Ruger?
. Yeah, I also feel entitled to a Ruger 30-30 lever action also. Don't them dirty scutters know that I expect immediate compliance with my wishes? HAHA

Rather than reflect Jammer's true feelings, I think it was tongue in cheek comment designed to encourage response to an low interest topic.

The marketers have totally missed the boat on this. 10mm doesn't sound cool enough. They need to start calling it 400 magnum.

loaded round

Hunter
Ruger had that combination in either a Blackhawk or Vaquero Convertible as a special edition several years ago. Wish I bought one then, I do see them every so often on Gunbroker for some big $$$.

wild_weasel said:
A Ruger Blackhawk Convertible in 38-40WCF/40S&W/10mmMagnum would be a real wiener.

Cheers,
W-W

jammer

Single-Sixer
Loaded round, thanks for the offer if I'm ever in the area I'll look you up! !

Yes the comment was tongue and cheek fellas. Lol... I think a bisley hunter convertible would be sweeeet but my purpose for the 10mm is a semi auto with higher capacity for woods defense and close range deer hunting in wisconsin. It's nice to have a hand gun for when the deer sneak under you and one that can double as a defensive piece is preferred with black bears, cougars and wolves around. I understand ruger's thinking initially but at this point I really think they're missing the boat on the 10mm.

The glock us a great pistol I've owned several but I prefer to buy american over anything else unless I have no choice. The sig is a very nice piece but expensive.

Maybe I'll build an ar pistol and be done with it lol :mrgreen:

jammer

Single-Sixer
And just to let ya know, I do have a super redhawk 454 I chopped and use for the purpose of defense bUT the barrel is too shot now to be legal per wisconsin regs . I'm not necessarily under gunned...