What is the difference between the LCP model 3701 & 3702?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr. Ray

Bearcat
Hello Group,

I'm new to this and have a question about the LCP. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the LCP model 3701 & 3702 is? I was @ a local gun shop today and the guy had what looked like the model 3702 based off what I saw on the Ruger website. He was telling me that these are hard very hard to find and told me he would let me have it for $339. I went online and saw that Gamber Mtn. has them on sale for $199!! What Gamber shows looks like the model 3701. What is the difference? The Ruger site has the 3701 for $259 but does not list a price for the 3702! Was the guy at the store just BSing me trying to get me to buy it or what? Please let me know.

thanks,

s4s4u

Hunter
The 3702 is a distributor special, available through L.M. Burney Distributors, but there is no appreciable difference between it and the 3701 model.

The spec sheet lists a "through-hardened alloy steel slide" on the 3702, whrere the 3701 just says alloy steel slide, FWIW.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The Ruger LCP(Little Copied Pistol) is a copy of the Kel Tec P3AT with a very nice addition. The manual slide stop on the Ruger is very nice for clearing the pistol. The Ruger is also better made and finished. The Kel Tec P3AT has been throughly debugged over many years of production and is quite reliable. I have fired my Kel Tec over 400 rounds without any hiccup. Now I just take it out and fire a few rounds on occasion. Today's buyer will probably go for the Ruger since it appears to be better quality for similar or less money.

Mr. Ray

Bearcat
Thanks Buckeye. After doing the research and finding out about the two different model numbers I went back to the gun store and looked at it again. All of the info in the paper work and weapon showed it was a model 3701!!
I asked the same question on another Ruger Fourm and they also said that the 3702 comes with an extra mag and a hard case, which the one I was looking at didn't have. They wanted $338 for this gun and after seeing that it was a 3701 I told him Gander had it for $199!! If the pricing was even close I'd think about it but a $139 difference is kinda hard to swallow.

Thanks for the info!

Latest posts