Trouble reassembling my 9e

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cmwestmoreland

Bearcat
So I picked up a brand new 9e a few months ago. I've taken it to the range 3 or 4 times now and have put about 600 rounds through it. And I love it. I've disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it each time I've taken it out. Today after disassembling and cleaning I'm having some issue reassembling it. The slide goes back on well enough, I replaced the take down pin and released the slide. But when I try to put the clip back in it wont seat. Stops with about an inch or so left to go. Has anyone seen this issue before? I'm sure it's something simple but I ain't seeing it.

cmwestmoreland

Bearcat
Ok, I completely disassembled including removing the firing pin and reassembled it again and it's functioning properly now. I'm still curious about what I did wrong though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the Forum. I don't have the answer to your question but we appreciate you thinking of us!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I do.

Remember that ejector that you pushed down to get the slide off? Well, after you reassemble the gun you have to push it back up. With the slide locked back, inserting an empty magazine with a slight amount of force will do the trick.

...and welcome to the forum.

websterz

Single-Sixer
I always return the ejector to the up position with my pinkie finger, while holding the slide lock with my thumb for safety. Don't want that slide to slam shut!

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I have 5,000 rounds down the bore only one time I had a problem seem the ejector was at a 1/2 position and the rear roll pin (D) notch slip out a tad I could not get the ejector to go into the up position so the mag would not seat.