LC9 trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

H Richard

Bearcat
I have been carrying an LC9 Pro (no safety striker fired) with the Glock like trigger. I like everything about it "BUT" the edges of the trigger end seem sharp and dig into my finger when I am practicing. Is there a remedy for this? I'm about ready to try and trade it for the older version that has the safety and a normal trigger.

This is keeping me from shooting the gun well. Last week I took it and my S&W Shield (9mm) and shot side by side and I could shoot the shield much better. I was doing the FBI Qual drill and can actually get my first shots out of the holster off much quicker with the S&W. I researched the LC9 and bought the older model (with safety) for my granddaughter for a College graduation present. I thought the Pro w/o the safety would be better fro me, but maybe I was mistaken.

Has anyone else been bothered by this? Any easy fix?

Never noticed this on mine, but to be honest I don't shoot it that much.... even though I carry it every day it is not a pistol I want to practice with... just way too much 'snap' to be comfortable and so I usually only put two or three magazines through it every couple of months and that is it.

Then again, I should be doing the Front Sight dry fire drills a lot more often here in my office.
(Just reminded myself of that, again)

BigWhup

Bearcat
I thought it was the split trigger pinching my finger. Actually had a tiny blood blister after my first time at the range.

BigWhup

Bearcat
H Richard said:
I'm about ready to try and trade it for the older version that has the safety and a normal trigger.

If you decide to trade, let me know. I have a LC9 original, with minimal mileage I would trade for the Pro.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
BigWhup said:
I thought it was the split trigger pinching my finger. Actually had a tiny blood blister after my first time at the range.

I got the blood blister also on my first time out. At the time, I made a conscious effort to hold my trigger finger a little higher. Didn't give it much thought after that. Haven't had it happen again, and it's been about 200 rounds since then.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Op states "LC9", that is the original model with double action & hammer. If you are talking about the newer striker version then you need to state "LC9s", which is a different mechanism and way different trigger. If you are not sure, check the slide of your pistol. Sorry, but I wondered if the OP was talking about going back from the LC9s Pro to the standard LC9s with thumb safety or if he was talking about going back to the original LC9 with hammer and longer double action trigger pull.

Seems strange and defiantly not normal to get a blister from shooting a pistol... I do know that at least for me shooting the LC9s pro is not a fun comfortable experience... two or three magazines is about all I want to go through at the range with this pistol...