Man kills son with SR22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
What a dolt .... Outrageously stupid comments too.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/05/father-says-not-gun-killed-son-at-shooting-range.html?intcmp=hplnws

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I don't know how you go on living knowing you've done something like this. And all due to foolishness. What a shame. I know it burns and I've gotten a small scar or two from casings cooling against my skin. One is on my right ring finger where the casing bounced off the divider lodging in between my middle and ring finger while gripping the pistol. Million to one, but that's where it ended up. It left a burn deep enough to scab over for a week.

This is not a subject that is talked about in any formal firearms introduction class that I know of. I suppose it is considered common sense, but maybe it should be brought up. I say leave it there, take the discomfort and let it cool. I think what most really do is transfer to a one handed grip and shake it out of wherever the casing is. Changing from a two handed grip to a one hand grip with a hot firearm might also be questionable safety wise for a new shooter. It wouldn't bother me in the case of a more experienced shooter.

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
The worst burn I got was from a .40 dropping into my safety glasses and burning my lower eyelid...it actually blistered a bit yet I never flailed the pistol around and certainly never even came close to pulling the trigger. I've had many .22lr go down my shirt and those things aren't nearly hot enough to make anyone flail.
This guy was a total pansy idiot...and now he has to live with himself overreacting.

SamV

Buckeye
Really sad. I have had hot brass fly down my shirt too. I always seemed to be able to put my gun down on the table while grabbing at my shirt with the other hand.

Selena

Hunter
A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicag
Would have, could have, should have... Bottom line a child is dead and his parents are grieving. It's easy to say what we would have done and how we would have reacted, it is best to pray to whatever god you believe in such a tragedy never falls on your shoulders.

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
Selena said:
Would have, could have, should have... Bottom line a child is dead and his parents are grieving. It's easy to say what we would have done and how we would have reacted, it is best to pray to whatever god you believe in such a tragedy never falls on your shoulders.

Well, yes...it IS easy to say what we would have done as we have all done it...many times.

.22lr casings are not hot enough to make you flail.