LC9s mag release problems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I haven't shot mine very much but never had that problem. Can you adjust your grip a bit? Otherwise the gun is no good for you.

I wish you well.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I just did some searching on youtube and found several videos with people having the exact same problem.
Search "Ruger LC9s magazine problem" you'll probably pull up the same video I'm watching now. You may also run across kitchen table gunsmithing video's as well to correct, but I'd not recommend that.

Overall from reading the comment section below the video's most sent it back to Ruger and the problem was corrected. Trying various magazines didn't help most people.

I know I'm a broken record but I'd send it back to Ruger.

fast ed

Bearcat
If your mag is made in the U.S.A. that is the problem. You want one made in Italy

fast ed said:
If your mag is made in the U.S.A. that is the problem. You want one made in Italy

Sad. Why should where the mag is manufactured make a difference? any "in spec." magazines should work. Any magazine that far out of spec is a joke. Or maybe the tolerances for the gun just suck! What a joke!

fast ed

Bearcat
The ones that come with the gun are made in Italy. They work. Replacements are made in the U S A and fall out to easily.

ra

Single-Sixer
I had the same problem with mine at first, with both USA and Italian mags. Then I adjusted my thumb from curling it down to holding my thumb straight and the problem went away.

Roger

woodsy

Blackhawk
Never had the problem, and I have mags made both in Italy and the U.S. I believe some people could benefit from "hands-on" shooting instruction.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Just an FYI there is some confusion here. There was a well known problem with LC9 magazines years ago having to do with the ones made in Italy and the other made in the US. This is not the same problem that most are reporting today with the new LC9s.

The reason that is important is that anyone reading this thinking the Italian magazine will fix the problem may be mistaken. It's now confirmed by multiple sources, (and several Youtube video's detailing and demonstrating) that the problem is not with the magazine but with the internals of the firearm.

I don't want anyone to waste money as others have thinking the Italian magazine will fix the issue. We have two different problems here in the same area of the gun that are being lumped together as one on the internet. The Italian magazine usually fixed the old LC9's problems. The majority of reports that are out there if you research it deeply enough indicate it will make no difference. The gun needs to be sent back for repair.