Ruger 9E first range trip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I've been watching this thread .. I recently was looking at purchasing avalue priced fullsize/compact 9mm ..the Ruger SR9E was one of them and the SD9VE & BP9 .. I ended up with the SD9VE being I own a SD40VE .. weighed heavy in my decision ..

The Ruger SR series seems to have went to the wayside fairly quicky .. with the introduction of the Ruger American..

midias

Bearcat
I am going to try to get to the range this weekend but it is not looking good

midias

Bearcat
Just a small thing I noticed item number 44 the trigger bar reset was able to move side to side before. Now it is solid in place. I bet the slide was missing it from time to time. 44 and 63 were replaced.

SR9%20And%20SR40%20Diagram.JPG

midias

Bearcat
Got to take a trip to the range today, federal brass is still stove piping from time to time I dont think it is blowing the slide back all the way. Perfecta still good and no trigger issues.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
midias said:
Got to take a trip to the range today, federal brass is still stove piping from time to time I dont think it is blowing the slide back all the way. Perfecta still good and no trigger issues.

Quit using Federal. I've heard that other folks have similar problems with it. I use Blazer 124grn fmj for target practice with no issues in my 9E.

midias

Bearcat
GunnyGene said:
midias said:

Quit using Federal. I've heard that other folks have similar problems with it. I use Blazer 124grn fmj for target practice with no issues in my 9E.

I plan on it, I always like to run a box of everything though every new gun to see how it reacts.