SR9E eject problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
Ruger SR9e brass was barely clearing slide I tried different ammo nothing helped even tried some 124 grain Nato and that came straight back into my face called Ruger and they said send it in & 7 days later it was back still didn't eject right brass went ever whitch way some of them even to the left so its on its way back again

Could some 0n tell me how it could throw brass to the left never seen that before/

Thanks

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Interesting. I have a 9E and never had that happen with a wide variety of brands and bullet weights. Got to be something busted. I'll be looking forward to what Ruger says. Thanks for posting. :)

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Granted it's a different gun but my 40c slings brass a MILE. And always in a predictable pattern. It's not uncommon for my brass to end up 3 lanes down when i'm in an indoor range. I've hit people with my brass from that far away. : D

I've also fired the 9c a fair bit. Also very healthy ejection pattern on that one as well. As gunny said somethings sideways in there. It's not typical for the type.

It's a pain that it had to go back twice.

dogtag69

Bearcat
I have the 9c also it kicks the brass out pretty far I was going to get the Sr9 when I went to the gun store but I seen this one with out the loaded chamber indicator and it just looked better to me and I already had 2 more of the 17 rds mags for my 9c so I bought it,

dogtag69

Bearcat
Got the gun back Monday 6th haven't had time to shoot it yet the note from who ever worked on it said they replaced ejector and repaired the barrel (??) said gun was bone dry that, I should try different ammo and I should switch to a diff. oil I have been using all kinds of ammo with this some Hornady XTP124 grain Nato and win. 124 grain HP been using Rem oil for years with alittle grease when it gets hot so I'm not using the right ammo or the right lube and I don't know how to clean and oil this gun but all my other guns run just fine I guess I have a very special gun that needs special ammo and Lube and I need some one to clean and oil it.

1SG Ret

Bearcat
I shot my new 9e for the first time yesterday. It would toss the brass a good distance with a firm solid grip. When I relaxed my grip, I had one land in my shirt pocket and one stovepipe. I guess it is supposed to work that way. :>)
I'm happy with mine.

dogtag69

Bearcat
Glad yours works for you 1SG my sr9c throws the brass pretty far out also, and this one is a lot better after the second trip