Aluminum shell 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
Noticed a lot more of this for sale lately. No problem in Ruger Center fire pistols from my experience. It is worth noting that owners of the PC carbines should avoid this aluminum cased ammunition. Cheap does not equal good for your PC. :shock:
I saw that in my manual....thanks for reminding me.
blazer is so inexpensive i shoot it all the time in my glock.
just not in the Pc carbines

Danno

Bearcat
And if you happen to be near an Academy store, they've got the Blazer aluminum case 9mm (115gr) on sale for $8.98 a box.

I've shot a lot of this stuff. Never had an issue, never failed to fire, and accurate enough for range use.

Taterman

Buckeye
Mywife has been using these in her league for a while now and no issues at all with them. She doesn't clean her gun (SR9) as often as she should either but no jams. She uses Federal aluminums.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Both aluminum and steel function fine in Rugers as well as most pistols. I generally stay away from steel because in my mind . . . although not correct . . . its steel against steel and this equals more wear. I use aluminum when shooting in areas that collecting brass is not really possible and since I reload I hate to leave brass. However most of the time you can get blazer brass for close to the same price as steel and aluminum.