Enjoying my LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arky

Single-Sixer
I too just purchased the LCP. I am sensitive to bad triggers also and had tried the Smith M&P 380 and could not pull the trigger all the way without moving the gun. I do not like small calibers either and usually carry a .40 but there are times I do not want to change clothes just to carry a gun for a quick errand. I decided I did not want to pay the Sig price for their single action so I bought the LCP. I got it home and shoot it better than my SP101, Kahr 40, and my Wife's smith 637. I was putting the rounds in a spot the size of my hand at 12 yards and call that good for me. If I want to shoot smaller groups it has to be with my N frames or my SBH which fit my hand well and have very good triggers.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Heres a tip for all the fans of Elsie. An easy way to brighten the front sight is with the small brush top bottles of automotive touch up paint. It is cheap, very durable, and comes in many colors. I painted the front sight of my LCP with some pearl white I had in my toolbox. The front sight really stands out now and makes it much easier to focus on.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
Mike J said:
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I haven't shot an LCP. I did shoot a Kel-Tec P3AT which is very similar I believe. Snappy little thing. It wasn't my cup of tea but I find myself wondering if I should reconsider just 'cause it is a gun you can carry when you can't carry a gun.
I have also pulled the trigger on both and the LCP seems a little more tolerable, in my personal opinion. I can manage shooting both, but I prefer the Ruger. My perspective is this - both of these little guys are really just point and shoot pocket pistols that I throw in my pocket "on the fly" typically. Whether I am wearing shorts here in sun shiny Florida or in the cooler climates in Tennessee, the LCP is for me. Whatever you do, don't underestimate either one - they will both do the job, God forbid you ever had to use them.

Hope this helps in some small way!!!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The LCP is just a bit larger than the Kel-Tec original. In my opinion that is a very good thing. That tiny increase in size and weight doesn't affect the concealability but makes the LCP a lot easier to shoot and likely increases longevity.

garddogg56

Bearcat
I bought my wife a gen2 LCP and other than racking she loves it,I pocket a BG380 by S&W and I love it but the LCP HAS A BETTER TRIGGER,steel mag release and no safety.BG380 pluses are SS slide and guide rod,laser sights, better open sights,less expensive magazine, and feels better in my hand.

jic

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
Heres a tip for all the fans of Elsie. An easy way to brighten the front sight is with the small brush top bottles of automotive touch up paint. It is cheap, very durable, and comes in many colors. I painted the front sight of my LCP with some pearl white I had in my toolbox. The front sight really stands out now and makes it much easier to focus on.

I used Testors plastic model paint, fluorescent orange, it makes the front sight stand out like a sore thumb.

BrotherInArms

Bearcat
I bought my gen2 LCP three or four weeks ago. Decided to pop for the -CT version and I'm glad I did. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so, for me, that laser makes all the difference in the world. I can hit COM at seven yards without it, but, much more reliably, with much tighter groups, with it.

I have to say I'm loving that little mouse gun. Now, when it's just a quick trip to the store or for food pickup: Drop the LCP in its DeSantis Pocket-Tuk into a pocket and go.

I bought a pair of Ruger's extended mags for it. If, like me, you have large hands: It's worth it. With the stock mag I couldn't get a full two fingers on the grip. Now I can, and I have another round, to boot.

Bought the after-market SS guide rod for it. I imagine I'll eventually install an RTK trigger, as the stock trigger does "bite" a bit.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I've been debating the SS guide rod as well. Seems from the reviews most feel that and the 13lb spring is worth it too.