P89 stainless variants? "Improved" versions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
I love my P95 stainless for carry. I've posted that elsewhere in this sub-forum. I would enjoy doing some trading around of some other less used stuff and find a good stainless P89 to add to the stable for CCW. Mine was a P89DC, but wasn't there a non-decock version? My son won't turn loose of the one he got from me years ago!
I seem to remember there are some variants (not referring to the .30 cal version) that had some updated features perhaps? Maybe triggers or something?
Coud someone take a moment and tell me maybe how to identify the latest greatest variant to look for before Ruger went silly and quit manufacturing the P89? Maybe serial number range too that I could identify date of birth for any of the variant "improvements" models I examined?
As always, I thank you folks so much. Don.

I'm pretty sure there were a lot of P89 Safety versions.... most of the ones I see have the safety/decock feature. As for variants.... I really can't help. I did figure out how to fix the 'need older magazines' on the first year runs of them.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Thank you. The one I had that my son laid claim to so many years ago was, as I think I said, the DC version. For reasons of having features common to my wonderful P95 I'd prefer to find a "safety" version, but I would be quite pleased with either. I suppose I need to begin haunting the pawn shops and go to a .....gun show. I've successfully avoided gun shows for several years now but their advantage of usually offering some less common guns now comes into play. Maybe I will happen on one not priced at a show like it's crafted form gold.
Thank you again. Don Sterchi

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Ruger's "safety" and "decock" versions of the P-series both decocked the pistol; when applied. For the "safety" version, pushing the lever dropped the hammer and the lever remained down and acted as a safety as pulling the trigger did nothing. Pushing the lever down on the "decock" guns also dropped the hammer but the lever was was then automatically returned to the up position by a spring leaving the gun able to fire with a long double action trigger pull.