Lc9 issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Backwoods7

Bearcat
Shooting my lc9 today the red tape like strip came off the loaded chamber indicator. The gun still functions as it should and the ingicator still sticks up when loaded its just not red on the left side anymore. Anything i should be concerned about or should i just ignore it?

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
I note that the excellent Springfield Armory XD series chamber indicator is much smaller and has no red markings. There is really no need for concern and as a previous poster suggested you could always just put a dab of red nail polish on the indicator if you so desire, but it's not at all necessary.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Backwoods,
I noticed from your picture that the slide is marked LC 9, which would indicate that this is a double action only hammer model. Is that so? I also noticed that there appears to be no thumb safety, I was under the impression that all of the old LC9 pistols came with the thumb safety as standard.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The pop-up loaded chamber indicator was dropped when Ruger converted the LC9 to the LC9 striker model. Some say that the pop-up indicator helped hold the case rim and promoted better reliability. Personally, I like the old model with a hammer and double action for each shot for this kind of carry pistol.

Latest posts