Ruger American Holster Suggestion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ended up with an American 9mm.

There are holster options at shopruger.com, but none that would be my number one choice. So, since it's not a top priority for the holster makers to tool up for yet another Ruger semi auto pistol, we must wait for more holster options.

In the meantime, I went thru my holster stash to see what might fit. I found a Blackhawk CQC for a S&W M&P and Sigma, and it fits perfectly.

WAYNO.

Mike J

Hunter
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/holsters/ruger-american-pistol-holster-list/ I ran across this & thought it was kind of interesting. I didn't realize there were that many options. I find it interesting the Blackhawk has an offering & you found one of their older models that works. It makes me wonder if they reworked anything or just changed the name on the plastic & added a model number.

Shiftless

Bearcat
I have an Alien Gear that I purchased the 9e and M&P shells for. I now have the M&P 45 shell on at the moment, but.... the 9E and the American 45 BOTH fit snugly into the M&P shell and I wouldn't have a problem carrying either one in that shell.
I traded the M&P 45 for the American 45 a couple of days ago and haven't traded the M&P for the American yet (it's free from my understanding).
Also, some folks are discovering the art of making their own Kydex holsters and shells, inexpensive and not too difficult, look at the videos online, I may have to play with these myself...

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Many of the big holster makers offer holsters for the Ruger American. Comp-tac, Blade-Tech, Fobus and others offer Kydex holsters and, of course, many leather holsters will fit several similar guns with one model.

Thel

Blackhawk
As noted a number of the holster makers are or will offering models for the RAP. Here is a link to a Black Hills Leather holster I just ordered for my RAP Compact:

https://blackhillsleather.com/professional-belt-slide-holster.html

Tucker Gun Leather is another company offering holsters.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all the information. I found a Fobus that fits the gun and the price for my 9mm Compact