Recovered

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
Anybody who has ever had a gun stolen don't lose hope. I saw this on CalGuns.net
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1199272

Stolen Ruger recovered after 42 years
Back 1973 when I was a young guy I bought a Ruger MK I 22. While out of town for a week my residence was broken into and ransacked. The burglars took my Ruger. Not much else was taken because I didn't really have much else.

It was reported to the local PD, but never recovered, until this week.

Seems there was a disturbance at a southern California high school, where a student threatened to go home and get a gun. This school district has their own PD who responded to the event. These officers did a good thorough investigation and ended up recovering my Ruger from a family member of the wayward student. This family member claimed they bought it at a southern California pawn shop around 1980. Sounds a little like BS to me.

The officer said the gun is still in pretty nice shape and that after they send it to the crime lab I should be able to get it back.

So to you other folks who have fallen victim to thieves and crooks, have hope, someday your stuff may find its way back to you. You may be an old fart on medicare and social security, but it could happen.

Taterman

Buckeye
My uncle had 3 guns stolen from their vacation home, they planned to retire there within a year. This was in western N.Y. about two years ago. Earlier this year he saw a news story about some thugs that got shot by the cops in PA and the description of the guns they had sounded familiar to him.
He made some calls and the guns were all his that stolen. He is an ex-cop on disability so maybe that helped getting in touch with the right people, but you never know where or how something might turn up if stolen.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
RSIno1 said:
The officer said the gun is still in pretty nice shape and that after they send it to the crime lab I should be able to get it back.
Don't plan on seeing it anytime soon. I had a gun (Sig P-232) stolen during a house break in about 10 years ago and reported the theft and the gun's serial number to the police. About three years later I got a call from a court official telling me the gun had been recovered and did I want it back after the trial was over. I said of course I did. I'm still waiting.

Apparently things "go missing" from evidence rooms quite often.

LDM

Blackhawk
I empathise. Had three guns stolen in a burglary about 30 years ago. A Browning Hi-Power, Colt Trooper Mk III, and Ruger Old Army bicentennial. Hi-Power was recovered about six months later when it was used in an attempted liquor store robbery in Ohio. Luckily, perp was arrested before he got a chance to use it. Other two are still MIA.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Glad to hear it finally turned up. Be sure to stay on their butts about getting it back, I have read that the time limit to have it returned to you is very short out there.